Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Gastric Problems/food That Do Not Irritate

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I have gastric problems & have constant acid in the stomach, affecting the throat, nose, mouth & ears.

I have been told to eat lost of fruit & vegetables but that some are gastric irritants.

Does anyone know which fruits (other than the obvious citrus fruits) & vegetables are gastric irritants?

Thanks

Jenpet
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Anything that is high in acid would be an irritant, such as peaches, nectarines, cherries, grapes, apricots, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and possibly cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli and brussels sprouts.

are you being followed by a physician for this? What tests have they run for you?
|

replied January 27th, 2011
Why when I have porridge in the morning do I feel nausea afterwards? I have been suffering with an acid stomach
|