Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Leg And Arm Jerking

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I have been having uncontrolled leg jerking in both leg and uncontrolled jerking in my left arm. Mostly at night and some times it is painful. A lot of times it wakes me up. tony
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper TONYCRAVEN
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Have you see a neurologist?
|

replied January 19th, 2012
I'm honestly having the same issue. Myjerking is at night. I'll lay down to go to sleep and within 5 mins I will know wether I'm up or not or I'll actually get a good nights rest. I seen a neurologist and had a MRI done. I was diagnosed with chiari malformation. Sad however, I have done so much research on the diagnosis I don't understand how this is causing the in controllable jerks of my legs and arms. It's as if an electrical surge is going through my body. There is absolutely no sleep when these issues occur. Lately, when this situation occurs I've been either punching or clawing myself and my partner. I'm honestly tired of doctors and even a neurologist looking at me like I'm crazy. I'm literally lost right now. I'm not sure what to do anymore. The jerks and lack of sleep are becoming more consistent and I really don't know where to turn. My partner says its almost like I'm being possessed. If anyone can help or knows what's wrong please write back. Thank you so much.
|

replied October 2nd, 2012
I have the same systoms, can anyone suggest any helpful remedies. My hole body jerks. First it would be my leg, then shoulder, then my arm, then my head, then my thigh and so on. I don't know what to do.
|
Tags: arm, left arm, arm leg
Quick Reply