Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

23 Weeks With Horrible Pain (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
i am 23 weeks and one day as of today
and ive been haveing horrible lower back pain since about week 14
but for the past few days its been spreading up to the middle of my back as well as my lower back. its more like a strain than anything. also i have been haveing bad streatchy feeling in my stomach (ligament streatching maybe?) and i can feel kristen move completely onto one side of my stomache... its very uncomfortable.

i am just wondering if anyone has expierienced any of this at all? i have an appointment on the 29th but im kindof thinking i should go in before then or call my docotr to see what she thinks?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
If you think you should go to the doc than that is what you should do.

Being pregnant is full of aches, pains, and ailments. Your body is going through so many changes. Wait until week 37 and you'll be long for your 23 week pains.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Mommy35 wrote:
If you think you should go to the doc than that is what you should do.

Being pregnant is full of aches, pains, and ailments. Your body is going through so many changes. Wait until week 37 and you'll be long for your 23 week pains.


lol yeah
i was just freaking out because my freinds mom suggested that it could be signs of preterm labor Sad i get scared easily and so im just paranoid

thanks though Very Happy
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2007
Supporter
I think you should go. I had been reading that you can still miscarry at 23 weeks but hopefully your not i will pray for you
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:
I think you should go. I had been reading that you can still miscarry at 23 weeks but hopefully your not i will pray for you


yeah but if i was mc i would have horrible cramps and blood
and i dont

this has been happeneing a few days now so i suspect its just ligaments streatching and the regular *wonderful* pregnancy pains

ill let everyone know what the doctor says
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My back has been killing me too. Not all the time, but sometimes. It stays in the lower back. But back pain is a part of pregnancy too. I had horrible back pain with my first.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Hollyberries wrote:
My back has been killing me too. Not all the time, but sometimes. It stays in the lower back. But back pain is a part of pregnancy too. I had horrible back pain with my first.


yeah its not like pain all the time but its more of a strain? ya know what i mean? it hurts sometimes but no matter how i sit or lay i get this strain in my back

ugh welcome to pregnancy eh?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yeah lol. I wouldn't worry about a miscarry thought. Your body would be in a lot more pain than that.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it is quite normal to get back pain. i had it alot. you might have sciatica.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2007
Experienced User
Could be a uti as well ...my sister inlaw had the same symptoms either way ...better to be safe then sorry and too put you mind at ease i would go to the doctor and have it checked ..if its nothing funtabular if it is something then least you caught it
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2007
Experienced User
ilovemyfishes ... At 23weeks it wouldnt be a miscarriage, it would be preterm labor, in which case the baby is now Viable...meaning it would be extremely premature.
However...I think it sounds like normal aches and pains. I am only 15weeks and a few days and I have horrible backpain everyday. If you are worried though, ifyou can, go to your dr earlier. Cant hurt!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2007
Supporter
babyAndy wrote:
ilovemyfishes ... At 23weeks it wouldnt be a miscarriage, it would be preterm labor, in which case the baby is now Viable...meaning it would be extremely premature.
However...I think it sounds like normal aches and pains. I am only 15weeks and a few days and I have horrible backpain everyday. If you are worried though, ifyou can, go to your dr earlier. Cant hurt!
not true and i can prove it by facts. preterm lagor is not that early its after 25 weeks
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
a late misscarriage is what it would be, unless you actually delivered the baby then, i had a friend whose water broke at 20 wks, and had to deliver her lil boy right then and there, he was stillborn.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
pre term labor starts at 23 weeks.
although i think the age of viability has changed to 21 weeks?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:
babyAndy wrote:
ilovemyfishes ... At 23weeks it wouldnt be a miscarriage, it would be preterm labor, in which case the baby is now Viable...meaning it would be extremely premature.
However...I think it sounds like normal aches and pains. I am only 15weeks and a few days and I have horrible backpain everyday. If you are worried though, ifyou can, go to your dr earlier. Cant hurt!
not true and i can prove it by facts. preterm lagor is not that early its after 25 weeks


preterm labor can happen at 23 weeks as my OB said
but i dont think thats what this is
i get my cervix checked and everything on the 29th so hopefully its just back pain and thats it
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
im sure its nothing.. pregnancy is just painful and uncomfortable ..
like cindy said it wont be too long before youll be wishing you were back at 23 weeks.. its all worth it in the end though
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
vanessalouanne wrote:
im sure its nothing.. pregnancy is just painful and uncomfortable ..
like cindy said it wont be too long before youll be wishing you were back at 23 weeks.. its all worth it in the end though


im so exited i just cant freaking wait
Very Happy
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:
babyAndy wrote:
ilovemyfishes ... At 23weeks it wouldnt be a miscarriage, it would be preterm labor, in which case the baby is now Viable...meaning it would be extremely premature.
However...I think it sounds like normal aches and pains. I am only 15weeks and a few days and I have horrible backpain everyday. If you are worried though, ifyou can, go to your dr earlier. Cant hurt!
not true and i can prove it by facts. preterm lagor is not that early its after 25 weeks


preterm labor can happen at 23 weeks as my OB said
but i dont think thats what this is
i get my cervix checked and everything on the 29th so hopefully its just back pain and thats it


Just wondering, why is your doctor checking your cervix so soon? I thought they didn't start doing that till your close to your due date. Just curious. Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
fairytale007 wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:
babyAndy wrote:
ilovemyfishes ... At 23weeks it wouldnt be a miscarriage, it would be preterm labor, in which case the baby is now Viable...meaning it would be extremely premature.
However...I think it sounds like normal aches and pains. I am only 15weeks and a few days and I have horrible backpain everyday. If you are worried though, ifyou can, go to your dr earlier. Cant hurt!
not true and i can prove it by facts. preterm lagor is not that early its after 25 weeks


preterm labor can happen at 23 weeks as my OB said
but i dont think thats what this is
i get my cervix checked and everything on the 29th so hopefully its just back pain and thats it


Just wondering, why is your doctor checking your cervix so soon? I thought they didn't start doing that till your close to your due date. Just curious. Smile

in the uk they dont check the cervix until you've actually gone into hospital and in labour, so thats a bit strange to me
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That is sorta odd that they are checking your cervix so soon. I didn't get mine checked until I went into the hospital with preterm labor(I was 34 weeks). If I hadn't gone into the hospital then they would've checked me at 36 weeks whenever I got my GBS test.

Any time before that is risky because every internal is a chance to get an infection.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
12 >>