Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Haemorroid Itch

Got haemorroids while on holiday in Lanzarote. Went to a chemist who gave me some ointment and while they are 90% better I now have a horrendous itch over an area about 2 inches either side of my bumhole.(It liks quite red) Shocked
Because of the heat ( about 35 to 40 degrees) I think the ointment spread over a larger area than intended. Has this dried my skin out and caused the itch?
I have stopped using the ointment and am now using savlon or vaseline to ease the itch but it is driving me mad. Crying or Very sad

Help please.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2007
Supporter
Clean the area with straight water, no toilet paper. Rinse the area liberally with water and then towel dry.
|

replied June 18th, 2008
Synalar Rectal cream
Might also be worth shaving off any hair around the anus. I found this helped to keep it clean and less itchy.

Just a bit of feedback regarding the creams for itchy piles. The cream Scheriproct didn't work well neither did the Ultraproct which was a doctor's alternative for the Synalar Rectal. I applied them them daily externally but the itching continues with both creams. I am not sure if they have any effect at all.

So I obtained Synalar Rectal Simple from the Internet and after one application externally there has been no itching for several days. That is how I remember it working, just one infrequent application is enough for days or even a week or more.

Not sure what the difference is but the Synalar main ingredient listed in big letters on the tube is Fluocinolone acetonide which is not present in either the Ultraproct alternative nor the Scheriproct.
|