Medical Questions > Parenting > Single Parents Forum

Terrified of Having a Child And Being Single.......

Im planning to get pregnant
I just turned 18, but the father of the baby and I are very close
I'm just worried about the future ..
maybe in 4 years...
when im in my early 20's and my boyfriend and I have broken up
will i ever get a boyfriend?
do men date young women with children?
are you still sexy after you have a child?
Will i ever be seen as beautiful ever again?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
why on earth are you planning on getting pregnant if you're so worried about being without your boyfriend in the future? shouldn't you wait until you're in a steady relationship?
|

replied August 17th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Terrified of Having a Child And Being Single.......
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
why on earth are you planning on getting pregnant if you're so worried about being without your boyfriend in the future? shouldn't you wait until you're in a steady relationship?
Exactly.
QweenB wrote:
maybe in 4 years...
In my eyes, ever woman that has given life to a child, is beautiful. & yes, it's very possible that your outside appearance will change. Stretch marks on your stomach, thighs, & butt are possible, as well as "looser," or "saggier" skin in your stomach & breasts due to making room for you baby & just gaining weight, period. Either way, your skin goes back so fast & the internal muscles are damaged that it will typically make your stomach "looser."
|

replied August 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Terrified of Having a Child And Being Single.......
QweenB wrote:
maybe in 4 years...

you need to think about the future of your child and whats best for him/her

what about these questions to consider:
can you do it alone if hes not there to help?
are you prepared to face life even if you dont have a partner after him for a while?
how will dateing other men in the future (if the babies father isnt around) take effect on your child?

no one can tell you if after you give birth you can get another bf. it may take a while but yes my mother is remarrying in september and she has 9 kids. the man who is with her loves her very much so yes men do date women with children. it depends on the man.
|

replied August 19th, 2007
Being a Single Mother
Having a child is a wonderful experience. I had my first daughter as a single mother and would not trade it for the world. One question to ask yourself is do you have good male influences in your life, such as your father, your uncles, or your brothers? I did and I was not worried about it! Their are single mothers everywhere and I believe that the single mothers are much stronger then anyother mothers!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2009
Supporter
i hope you would try to aim to be married, or at lease a very stable relationship.

i am a single parent, and my son is 13. it was very hard for me raising a male child and not having any help. right now i feel like he's old enough where it's not even a concern to me. but life is hard so please make wise decisions for yourself so you dont have to deal with any of the pain of wrong choices later.
God bless,
|