Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

I Am Not Getting My Period After Medical Abortion

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I have a medical abortion on July 8th. There was no major problem at all.
I did not have normal period after that. I am very worried now. How late it could be? I never have irregular period before. Pls let me know it happened to any body and share your post abortion experiences.
I am going to my normal obgyn next week, shall I ask for medicin to get the flow?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dtang
|

replied August 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It can take 6-8 weeks after an abortion for you to get your period... That is almost 2 months..

It is normal, but you could always get birth control pills at the gyn, they would help regulate your periods.
|
Users who thank red72cup for this post: Anajli 

replied March 9th, 2009
Strange First Period
I had a medical abortion over a month ago and when I went for my follow-up everything was fine. 2 weeks after my follow-up I got my period, but it never became a normal red, clotty period, just some mucousy brown stuff for about 5 days. It never became heavy enough to really need anything more than a lite tampon.

I know that there was a warning saying that following a medical abortion it is really easy to get pregnant. Im wondering if Im pregnant again. I feel very bloated in the lower abdomen, I have had lower back pain, have been exhausted and nothing tastes right. I had not been feeling pregnant at all until the last few days. I think I should wait to see if my next period is back to normal, before I freak out completely, but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and what the outcome was.
|

replied May 5th, 2012
I had a medical abortion 3 weeks ago.bleeding died away and was light brown spotting,then had bad abdominal pains,dizziness and nausea and heavy red bleeding.too early to be period,went for scan and have two large cysts;one on each ovary.may be cause of bleeding...dunno.but if you have these symtoms ask for an ovarian scan.
|

replied August 17th, 2010
feeling the signs of pregnancy
yes... i have the same feeling after 1 month of my abortion... i m worried if i m pregnant again...

we had sex once but there was no vaginal intercourse... but he had his penis near my anal... so i m worried if that can make me pregnant again...
|

replied July 27th, 2012
re
if the sperm or a little sperm like spot was touching your vagina yes is possible depends on temperature the sperm can be killed or live and swim inside your vagina. this thing is weird and also has a very small percentage so the woman can be pregnant! read about that on google search and read it will be helpful!!!
|

replied August 21st, 2010
i have a question about my bleeding
hey i had the medication abortion about a month ago but never went in for my follow up cuz it so far away.. but how do u know when ur on ur period and not just still bleeding from the abortion... i got scared because i just passed a huge clot i thought i was almost done cuz it got really light and i just had bloody disharge but now im bleeding heavy again..
|

replied January 18th, 2011
are you pregnant? is it your period?
first, to become pregnant again you need a new egg, if you are on the pill you have to start the pill the day after the abortion pill, and not have sex for seven days. after that you should be fine. as for the bleeding, you can bleed for up to five weeks afterwards. your real period doesn't come until between the sixth to eighth week when your whole uterus is lined and ready and you ovulate again and your new egg is ready to go! Smile
|

replied February 7th, 2011
Abortion: Starting period after abortion
Reply for 'question about my bleeding'
I had a nonsurgical abortion about 4 weeks ago and I bled for about 2 weeks and then continued to just spot brown stuff. Yesterday I passed a dark brown clot and today I am bleeding again. This time the blood is red though. i am wondering if that is my period starting. its only been about 4 weeks since the proceedure though. i do feel bloated and a little sore in my lower abdomen today. I did not make it to my follow up appt as well. Well, I went, but when i got there they told me doctor wasn't in due to cancellation of his flight from snow blizzard. I never went back. I am curious as to other people's experience with nonsurgical abortion??
|

replied May 5th, 2012
This is my experience;I had a medical abortion 3 weeks ago.bleeding died away and was light brown spotting,then had bad abdominal pains,dizziness and nausea and heavy red bleeding.too early to be period,went for scan and have two large cysts; as I see your post was from last year can I ask if you have any anserws for me please?
I desperately want to have children and am worried what these cysts are...other than the cysts I had same symptoms as you.Hoe DID you know when it was your period and not abortion bleeding?
|

replied February 28th, 2011
Period after medical abortion
I had a medical (non-surgical) abortion nearly two weeks ago. I live in the UK. I'm not expected to return for a follow-up visit, but was given two home pregnancy test kits to wee on after three weeks. I had heavy bleeding for three days after taking the second set of pills and now I'm just spotting. Just when I think it's all over, I start getting bright red blood again! Anyway, it says in my after care leaflet that I should expect a normal period any time between four-six weeks, and to contact them if I don't get a period after six weeks. I didn't go on any contraception - planning on getting the non-hormonal coil but the boyfriend is not keen on that! Well...we'll have to see about that! I'll update you in a few weeks' time. Good luck to you all.
|

replied September 11th, 2011
After medical abortion, period date
I am 28 yrs old now and I had medical abortion on Aug 9th 2011,but still bleeding ,not much its very less and its only in morning. I have not had sex with my partner between these days(Aug 9 to till date)i am waiting for periods.Sad please help me) When will i get my next period.
|

replied September 22nd, 2011
missed period post abortion
i had a medical abortion on 21st july 2011.didnot have much bleeding so doctor gave another dose misoprost on 30th july. had a complete abortion and follow up. Had red bleeding,jst like periods on 19th aug and bleeding stopped in 7 days. after that didnt have periods. we had sex but no vaginal intercourse. worried if pregnant again??? wn do i expect my periods??? pls help
|

replied March 15th, 2012
not getting periods after abortion
want baby

Saturday at 02:18AM
im 29 yrs old and i got blighted ovem in nov 2011 due to that i got abortion from then till now i dint get my periods is it normal its been 4 months. im very eagrly waiting to get pregnant again when i get my periods doc gave evidol and meprate tablets. now im using meprate tablets 10days coursed whn can i get periods during use of meprate tablet please ans meim very worried about children..i used EVADIOL composition estradiol valerate USP 2mg from day 1 to 25,after using these tablets i got slightly brown discharge for 1 day again bleeding stopped. now im using meprate composition medroxyprogestron as u suggestd from day 16 to 25.. after how many days the periods will come after stopping these tablets.. if periods not come then is it necessary to do hysteroscopy? does it painful..im so much worried about my health condition.. why this Asherman syndrome developes.. is this mistake of doctors by incomplete abortion? im very afraid of surgeries.. when they conducted D&C it was very painful.. is it very big problem? if once they ll do hysterscopy again will it come? i cant i get pregnancy by normal? My report is

endometrium size ---------- 6.2mm

right ovary ----------------------30*29mm

left ovary-------------------------27*20mm

follicle ----------------------------20*16mm
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
after signs of abortion
i had a medical abortion on 5th may.this is my second medical abortion .i had my first five months ago, bleeding then lasted up for 19 days after that periods became normal exactly aftter 4th week but this time i m bleeding little heavy till now.i went for a ultrasound and it gave a normal report. i wanted to know is it due 5th or sixth week of pregnancy that this bleeding is taking long to get finished? is evrything ok?
|

replied June 9th, 2012
I had a medical abortion last month on may 2nd and was bleeding heavy two weeks after the abortion then light for a week.My boyfriend and I had unprtected sex prior to the three weeks and it is now june 6th and I still havnt had my period yet and latly have been experiancing increased apitite and fatege and im not sure if im pregnant again or its just hormones?i took a pregnancy test and it was negitive but I think its still to early to detect..if anyone can give some helpful advice it would be a big help:)
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
So where you pregnant?
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
So where you pregnant?
|

replied August 3rd, 2013
pls help
I did abortion and is about 1 month now but have not see my period. I had sex after 2 day ago and I used condom.... but am very worry that have not see my period..... pls pls help me I don't know what to do.....
|

replied December 16th, 2013
Waiting for my periods after my abortion
I got my abortion done on 16th of November, i got bleeding with clots i thought its completely discarded.After that i had even sex but using protection still my periods not arrived im scared i may b carrying again but no signs of me being pregnant.When can my periods b &U which date it may fall on this month . Pls help.
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2014
Medical Abortion
I had my medical abortion January 6 and i bled for 2 weeks but i had sex a month after with a condom of course but i still havent had my period and its been over a month already im scared of not getting my period that it has caused anxiety and bumbs all over my body and they get really itchy Sad
|