Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Rough Skin On Head of Penis

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
lately i have noticed i have rather rough skin on the head of my penis, it doesnt hurt its just not attractive. when erect you can see the rough skin spread out tho. also twards the shaft of my penis i have small bumps, when squeezed white stuff comes out, they are mostly around my hairs. take in mind im still a virgin.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 17th, 2007
Experienced User
I'm a little confused.... because you're talking about the head of your penis and then you're saying it's around hairs.... ?!?!?

There shouldn't be any hair at all anywhere near your penis unless you're cut and the doctor seriously botched your circumcision by taking off waaay too much skin.

It really sounds like something you should get checked out by a doctor - if you have white stuff oozing out of your skin.
|

noooooo
im sorry for the confusion
nothing is ooozing
im saying the skin, on the head of my penis is rough, and im asking if thats normal.
then, this separate thing i have noticed is that there small little bumps on the shaft of my penis, im guessing their cysts or forcyed spots, which are normal.
|

Experienced User
If you are circumcised (which I'm guessing you must be), the rough skin on the head of your penis is a result of your circumcision. The glans (head) being constantly exposed/rubbing on clothing will cause it to form rougher skin to protect itself (and it will thus be less sensitive). Not much you can do about it, except possibly do a foreskin restore... which doesn't get a foreskin back, but slowly stretches the skin to get back a similar thing. The protection given by the foreskin (or restored skin) would result in your head becoming soft/smooth again... like it was meant to be. You can do a google search for foreskin restore - I found an excellent photo journal of a man's restoration and his comments on his results - but I probably can't post a link.

As for the bumps, it's best to get them checked out by a doctor to make sure they're normal/harmless.
|

yea ill check the bumps out, for now im guessing there forcyde spots or cysts both nothing i can change, cysts have reduction cream tho, so i guess i have to be fine with it. as far as an std, im still a virgin. but none the less ill get it checked out at my next appointment. quick question tho, how do you ask a doctor to check an area like that? do you just bring it up, or is it during a physical, or do i consult a dermatologist?
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2007
pbmagnet4,

Having a small amount of white stuff in hair folicules is normal however you might want to try moisturiser or something as hard skin dosent sound to attractive.
|

replied June 12th, 2008
pbmagnet4 wrote:
noooooo
then, this separate thing i have noticed is that there small little bumps on the shaft of my penis, im guessing their cysts or forcyed spots, which are normal.

..those are penis pimples, don't squeeze!!

(edited to remove links)
|

replied March 8th, 2014
Mine started after oral sex
|