Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Cancer - bump behind my ear, losing hair, tiredness !!

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
Im too young i dont know anything... but i think it was about a year ago. I was bored and i felt the back of my left ear, well the head part behind my ear, and I felt a little bump, about 1x1 cm and it was roundish. I felt the other side but there wasn't a bump!! It scared me a bit. This is I started losing a lot of hair!! Well it wasn't obvious when u look at me cuz i still do hav a lot of hair.. but when i just comb it with my fingers around one to two pieces fall out, and when i wash my hair A LOT falls out, and when i pull it slightly.. also i feel really tired all the time, but can't easily fall asleep.. help me? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Cancer - Bump Behind My Ear, Losing Hair, Tiredness !!
Kaoriie wrote:
Im too young i dont know anything... but i think it was about a year ago. I was bored and i felt the back of my left ear, well the head part behind my ear, and I felt a little bump, about 1x1 cm and it was roundish. I felt the other side but there wasn't a bump!! It scared me a bit. This is I started losing a lot of hair!! Well it wasn't obvious when u look at me cuz i still do hav a lot of hair.. but when i just comb it with my fingers around one to two pieces fall out, and when i wash my hair A LOT falls out, and when i pull it slightly.. also i feel really tired all the time, but can't easily fall asleep.. help me? Sad

Hi! Did you notice if the bump is growing over time? Are you losing hair only in that area? Is the bump movable when you're touching it and do you know if it change its color?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2007
Actually the bump is under my skin and that spot doesn't grow hair. I meant my hair from my head thats falling out. I'm not sure if the bump changes colour and Im not really sure if it grew bigger or not.
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Kaoriie wrote:
Actually the bump is under my skin and that spot doesn't grow hair. I meant my hair from my head thats falling out. I'm not sure if the bump changes colour and Im not really sure if it grew bigger or not.

It's a positive thing that the bump didn't grow bigger. Are you experiencing some other symptoms?
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2007
I'm not really sure... well my period lasts for like a month and it only pauses for a week and it comes again.. i have strong bags under my eyes like they're really visible and my mom says its because I don't hav enough blood.. but i haven't really told anyone about the bump my mom said it was nothing and my mom's a bit worried about my extended period she said she's going to bring me to the doctor soon.
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
I'm happy you wrote back to this forum!
First, how old are you? When did you get your first menstrual period? Do you have prolonged menstrual period for the first time?
There is wide variation in timing and duration that is still considered normal, especially if your periods began within the last two years. Many women have an occasional abnormal cycle.
Are you sexually active? Do you take birth control pills?
Do you eat enough and healthy?
Are you exercising vigorously on a regular basis?
Have you gain weight recently?
Do you have constipation? Do you feel cold, tired and with low energy?
Are you experiencing depression and mood swings? Do you have brittle hair and nails? Do you have poor concentration? Do you feel numbness and tingling, especially in hands and face?
Waiting for your post!
Best wishes!
Marija
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2007
Re: Mandms
I'm 13
I got my first menstrual period when I turned 12.
I don't remember if it was prolonged, I think it was about two weeks, but only a little blood.
What do you mean sexually active?? I don't think I am.
I don't take birth control pills.
I think I eat enough and I'm not sure if I'm healthy I don't eat a lot of fruits and veggies but I do drink milk sometimes and I eat quite a lot of junk food.
I am on the basketball team and we have practices every other day and I have PE for four days a week.
I don't think I have constipation. I do feel cold sometimes and I am tired sometimes I have low energy.
I sometimes experience depression and I only cry to myself if it's really severe and I don't show my tears I hold them.
Not sure about the brittle hair n nails.
I only have poor concentration in science and sometimes math.
Not really I don't feel numbness.
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
As I wrote in my last post, variations in duration and timing of menstrual period during last two years since first one are considered normal.
Do you have painful menstrual periods, too?
I understand your and your mum's concern, so, it's better to consult a doctor.
There are some conditions of genital system that can be reason for prolonged bleeding and they need medical attention ( ovarian cysts and cervical polyps)
I'll suggest you to eat more vegetables, fruits and to avoid junk food.
Also, it will be good idea to make a pause from your basketball time practices.
Often, when hair loss and irregular menstrual period is linked there is an imbalance in energy intake (quality and quantity of your food) and expenditure (exercising vigorously)
I think you should ask you doctor to check your thyroid gland and make tests for thyroid hormones, because many menstrual problems may be symptoms of undiagnosed thyroid conditions.
Some thyroid conditions can cause a hair loss, too (decreased function of thyroid gland)
Increased thyroid function can cause fatigue, difficulty sleeping, fast heartbeat, irregular menstrual periods in girls and muscle weakness.
It's easy thing to obtain a TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test, to screen for hyper or hypo thyroidism.
Please, don't forget to mention to your doctor about the lump on your skull.
The doctor can check it with an ultrasound.

Waiting for your post!
Take care!
Marija
|

replied January 9th, 2010
I ALSO HAVE THAT
I have the same bump am 27 years old and for some reason am losing hair on that same side of my head am scared that it could be cancer i had the bump for about 9 months now i really need to have it checked out i also get like pain but not alot
|

replied March 31st, 2010
This is so weird! I also have a bump exactly like you describe and have been losing hair this year. However, i think i had this bump for a few years so i dont think it is cancer..otherwise shouldn't i be dead by now??
|

replied May 12th, 2010
Could the lump be a swollen lymph node. I had one removed when I was 15, but it wasnt dangerous, just irritated as I wore glasses. It was just like you described
|

replied September 28th, 2010
Bump behind my ear.
I am 20 years old and I as well have a bump behind my left ear on the bone. it has yet to grow but my ears are very sensitive now, this has been going on for about three years now. the thing is that before I noticed the bump I have been having the problem with my ears. And my hair is falling out as well.
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2011
I have this too. I have no idea what it is, the hair loss and the bump behind the ear. Anyone know what this is?
|

replied February 1st, 2012
I have been losing my hair for almost a year and have talked with beauticiams who have "never seen like that before" and dr who blame stress and put me on folic acid...which hasnt helped and now have noticed a bump near hair loss area and does hurt when touched....what is going on?
|

replied April 25th, 2012
lump behind left ear ... please help
I am 26 I have a hard lump behind my left ear sometimes it is sensitive and hurts i loose hair as well have bad headaches and lots of pain in my chest and kidneys and liver i am just trying to get some answers i cannot afford to go see a doctor but i am deff worried i also see colored dots have shaky vision slur my words forget things mixx wierd things up I have just had alot of strange things happening any one have an idea????????
|

replied April 28th, 2013
amanda
im 23 and i also losing alot of hair way more than normal and i get really weak and weight lost dramatically like 55pounds in less than a year
|