Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Hard Lumps In Lower Back....kidneys??

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I have had somewhat large hard lumps in my lower back, around where my kidneys would be. The lumps are somewhat hard and covered by a small layer of fat. There are two of them on either side of my lower back. I haven't had many problems with my kidneys. I may have ahd a kidney stone once, but besides that nothing. My boyfriend can feel the lumps in my back. He only has the layer of fat on his back, but no lumps. I just want to know if this is normal, or if I should see a doctor about it. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 19th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I have no experience in this area. I have had kidney problems for the last 8 years. If you are concerned I would definitely see a doctor. Good luck and I hope you get some answers. Are the lumps painful when you touch them?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply