Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

I Have a Baby Boy ! My labour story !! (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hello Ladies!!!
Well, seems like I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks, *but* my little one decided to shock all of us and come 5 weeks early!!!! YES! I am now a proud Mommy to a baby boy!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
It all started last Saturday when the hubby and I were out shopping and it felt as if I had peed my pants! No big gush or anything, just a steady leak, so by the evening when it was still happeneing, we decided to go to the hospital just to have it checked out. I was laughing with all the nurses thinking that they were going to tell me that I had peed my pants, so when they finally checked me and told me that in fact my water had broken and that I was already 3cm dialted, you can only imagine that I went into complete shock mode!
I was not allowed to even leave the hospital to go home and pack a bag! I still had 1 week of work left, my boss was voming in at the end of the week, and then I was going to sit back and relax for the next 3 weeks getting eveything ready for this little one to come. Needless to say, that didn't happen - but thank god I had the baby's room finished!
Soooo, long story short, I was admitted to the hospital not knowing what would happen.
By Sunday night around 10:30pm, my contractions began getting more regular and by 1:30am I was transfered over to the labour and delivery unit. After an intense 2 hours of pushing, the doctor decided that I wasn't going to be able to deliver on my own, since baby was face up (back labour was awful and I hope none of you have to go through it!!!) and stuck on my pelvic bone, that he had to use the dreaded forceps and gave me a 2nd degree episiotomy Shocked Ouch is all I can say!
My little boy came into my life at 6:59am on Monday Aug.6th and weighed in at 5lbs 11oz!!!! We named him Koen Jae Ahronson.
He has gone through alot this past week with being hooked up to an IV (I had an infection I guess and they needed to give him antibiotics) and then he had to go through double light therapy for Jaundice - he hated the Iso tank, poor thing!
I will try and post some pictures later on this week when I have a minute!!!
It's soooooo true when they say you get no sleep and have no time to cook or clean! My days turn into night at the snap if a finger and life has been very hectic! But, he is my most precious boy and I couldn't be happier that he is here!
Hope all of you are doing amazingly well and happy! Keep me posted and hopefully I will get to check this site a few times a week!
Hugs to you all,
Jaemi
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
congrats! what a surprise!

yup, back labor is horrendous! i feel you on that one!

can't wait to see pics!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congratulations! I am sooo jealous! Here I am sitting at home having owie contractions waiting for my little one to come.

I can't wait to see pics.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
WOW What a story! Congrats! How are you feeling?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats!!!! Good luck with your little boy! Take care, and get some rest!
|

Experienced User
Congratulations on your new baby! I hope he is doing well!!!
|

User Profile
I love his name!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats Jae!!!! I can't believe you are a mommy now! Is he at home already? I hope he is and think so according to your post. I can't wait to see pics of your little one.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
congratulations jae! i was wondering how you were doing. i am so excited for you.. at least you don't have to worry too much about the heat anymore Laughing and i know what you mean about back labor... i had it for my son and it was the worst ever!! For some reason i knew you were going to have a boy.. hope you are enjoying him and i can't wait to see pictures!

Kristy Very Happy
|

Experienced User
jaaaaaaaaeeeeee oh my goodness you totally took me by suprise!!!! CONGRATS!! how exciting.. im 35 weeks going to be 36 on saturday....im getting very impaatient let me tell you....get some rest and post those pics i cant wait to see...so overall how would you say your labor/delivery went?? hows the hubby taking it all?? ahh congrats!!!! im so happy for you!!! hope all is well!!!
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
wow!! congratulations on the early birth!!

Hope you are able to show some pics of Koen and yourself soon!! Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
congratulations
|

Extremely eHealthy
Congrats!! I hope you are all doing well.
|

User Profile
Supporter
congrats girl want pics soon please Laughing
|

Thanks everyone!
Sorry I am responding so late - I don't think I'll get much time to "play" on my computer for a while!!!!! Wink
Labour went - well, pretty good I guess! I can't scare you all to much for those that are having babies soon!!! J/J Wink I would do it all over again - just minus the back labour if I could! But, let me tell you that my epidural was my best friend when it finally came!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
Koen is at home and we are all doing well. Trying to get into some sort of routine before Sean has to go back to work next week (that's a scary thought for me!) He is very much a "sitter upper" from his milk and formula - we are trying to breast feed, but I don't have a lot of milk, so I am taking Motilium to try and produce more, so in the meantime we have to supplement. Feedings take about an hour and his is eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours Shocked I feel like all I do is feed him!!!!!
Anyhoo, I will create another topic and post some pictures for you all to see! I have so mnay that I don't know which ones to post - he is changing so fast even at 9 days old now!!!!!!!
Hugs to all,
J
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Jea!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I bet you are just beaming that your little man made it into the world safely Smile That would be a shock going 5 weeks early so unexpected... I wish you the best of luck with everything.. Hang in there and enjoy your little boy Smile Cortney
|

Experienced User
glad to hear everything went well...im waiting for the worst!!!!! lol im hoping the pain isnt as bad as im trying to imply it as though!!! but hope everyones doing good! and jae i cannot wait to see that little cutie pie!
|

replied August 16th, 2007
OK girls...I'm confused?! I created a new topic last night and posted pic's of Koen, but now I can't find the post anywhere??? Anyone have any idea what happened to it, or if you can see it somewhere?!
Thanks! Wink
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
jaemierin wrote:
OK girls...I'm confused?! I created a new topic last night and posted pic's of Koen, but now I can't find the post anywhere??? Anyone have any idea what happened to it, or if you can see it somewhere?!
Thanks! Wink

It probably got moved to baby talk and parenting.
|

Extremely eHealthy
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I missed this post the other day, but I am so excited for you guys. You finally have your little well waited for angel! When my niece was born all she did was eat like every single hour for a while. You will pick up a routine for him in no time... You are going to be a great mom.
|
12 >>