Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

My Husband

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
My husband has some very serious symptoms that definately sound like ms (we have ruled out everything else), but no one can find anything....Here is the history. About six years ago, he fell ill....While working in an aspartame factory. It started with dizziness, tremors, vertigo, altered perceptions, vision disturbances...And a whole slew of other symptoms. He also was suffering from multiple bouts of lyme disease. He has chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, not to mention severe migraine disorder and has had immune system problems his entire life and immune symptom problems run through his family. He finally degraded to the point that he was unable to drive anymore because of unexpected vertigo (sometimes to the point that he would feel as though he was upsidedown) and the motion of the car would cause strange visual perceptions that would make it impossible for him to drive, not to mention cause him severe anxiety. He has worked his entire life around chemicals, and heavy metals and of course the aspartame factory. He has also undergone every medical test under the sun, from mri's to spinal taps. And the conclusion...Absolutely nothing. The doctors all couldn't find anything so they told him it was all in his head. This about one of the strongest men I know, who couldn't even work anymore. I now work two jobs because he is unable to leave the house somedays. Well, things are getting worse now, he is cycling back through all the worst symptoms that he has ever had...His coordination is off, he has trouble speaking (he can get the words out, but he is tripping over his tongue) and what is getting very bad, honestly...Is his mood. It is like he doesn't think rationally anymore. I can say the kindest thing, and he will yell at me and swear and ask me what is wrong with me. And he isn't aware of it because his mind makes excuses to justify his behavior. I have to tread so softly around him now. Anyway, sorry this is so very long, but we are thinking that these things could be symptoms of ms, because the doctors have ruled everything else out! I guess I was just hoping for some opinions because things are getting so terrible for him...And to make matters worse, he is only 29.
This is just the basic nuts and bolts of the situation, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
My story:

i also have been trying to find out what is wrong with me. Btw, my name is jennifer and i'm 21. At 15 I started getting numb in my lip and it moved to my arm (on my left side) so I went to the hospital to see what was wrong (if it could possibly be a stroke). Well when all the tests were done they found nothing, and the feeling had went away. Well I got these symptoms on and off once in a while, but I figured they would say it was nothing so I did not pay attention to them. Until may of last year, when I felt like I was going to pass out. I went to 1 hospital, they did a ct-scan checked my vitals and said everything was fine. The released me, even though I was still a bit dizzy. The next day, things got worse, so I went to another hospital. When I got there they admitted me because my white cells were high. I spent 6 days there a bit numb and disoriented, with no luck. I had 2 mris, 2 eeg's and a ct-scan, nothing. I was released when I refused to have them probe my shunt or do a spinal tap (they had told me I may have ms, and this was the only way for them to find out). I get the numbness all the time now, and it has actually been happening for about a week now (same as you~up in my left eye with some blurred vision) but also down the left side of my face. I hope maybe we can come to a conclusion. I'm tired of living like this! However, I do not experience pain.

Docs also tell me i'm nuts! And my hubby thinks so too!

Jennifer
|

replied March 19th, 2004
Maybe he has some type of mental illness due to chemicals. I dont think that I is ms, I think it has something to do with working around all the chemicals and stuff and now is taking a toll on his body and mind.

Brandy
|

replied April 1st, 2004
Look into aspartame toxicity.
|

replied April 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
Multiple Sclerosis
Lady jane, ms is hard to dx. It takes years sometimes. He also had other autoimmune diseases. Contact nord. The national organization of rare diseases. I think there website is nord.Com. And since it runs in the family, they may do a genetic study. It is worth a try. Good luck, I will be thinking of you and your husband. Don't give up. An answer is out there. Wink sandy williams
|

replied August 25th, 2004
For Lady About Husband
Hey just wanted to let you know that if could be ms. He needs to get into a nuralogist and have a mri done. My husband was diagnosed at 27 who is now 29 will be 30 in a week. He had symptoms like numb pinky then the whole hand then the arm and then his right side. He went threw so many differant tests and what not. They told him no not ms. That's the last thing we look at. Well after a mri they found scaring of the brain which look like little worms I beleive. And there were old scars and new ones. Which could mean that he had it for a long time b4 the dianose. So anyways he is now on rebif which is a shot 3x's a wk and every three months he goes and has a small dose of chemo. He just had a new mri from last year and there was only on e new scar. It is hard to live with someone who had ms because their memory gets bad. At least my husbands does. We are so young I am only 24 and he is 30 soon. We just got married a month ago and are happy. Don't let this get you down. Just get in to the doc's and demand a mri. And get him on meds. There are so many new things out there to help them.....
|

replied August 3rd, 2012
i would like to know ms can be a transition ilness for instance if you have sex with the person who have ms can be affected your health or not???
|

replied August 3rd, 2012
ms
i would like to know ms can be a transition ilness for instance if you have sex with the person who have ms can be affected your health or not???
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur