Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

2 Weeks Late Period, Negative Pregnancy Test, Sore Nipples (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
my period is almost 2 weeks late. the last test i took was like thursday (dollar store) and it was neg so i figured i wasnt preg. then today my nipples were super soar and that never happens. my boobs are not soar during my period or anything ever. so i thought then maybe i was. i know i should prolly test in the morning but i didnt wait and just took an answer test and it was neg.

what is wrong with me?!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile jo17
|

replied August 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you should go get a blood test done to see if you are because hpt's dont always work ya know?

not everyone expieriences signs or symptoms of pregnancy
i didnnt even know i was pregnant until i was already 8 weeks along!
|

Extremely eHealthy
i have to go to the gyn for a blood test, right? i cant get one at PP?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
bellax0x wrote:
i have to go to the gyn for a blood test, right? i cant get one at PP?

You can always check the Planned Parenthood website, and search for ones in your state. The website will usually tell you what services each center offers, or you could call around and ask. Good luck! Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
Smile thanks
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
Experienced User
i think maybe if you try and test with a named brand test maybe that will be more effective then the dollar store one? im not hsure but i think it would be worth the try.
|

replied May 11th, 2011
my friend and I have actully looked up which ones they use in the drs office and stuff for pregnancy and if u are in canada getting the dollar store pregnancy tests, they are the same ones that the health unit get and use.
|
Users who thank sarenza for this post: momto3bbb 

replied February 4th, 2009
I`ve got sore breast but negative pregnancy test.
First of all i have irregular period but i missed a month and still haven`t got my period. But its been 3 or 4 days now that i have got sore nipples and i also get cramp`s on the left side more than my right side and i also have headaches, migraine`s but i went to the doctor`s for a pregnancy test but it came out negative. So i don`t know if im pregnant but me and my bf are trying but i seem to have my period, which angers me off.

Help Me Please!
|

i would read more into it if i were you, i just went to the drs, and all they did for me was make me take a piss test and it came out negative which i already knew and told them that i was takeing them at home and that they were comeing out negative so i was expecting a blood test and they never did it! Then the dr gave me pills to bring my pd down, and she doesnt even know if im pregnant or not bc she didnt look or do a sanagram or anything! If i would take the pills and i was pregnant then they would cause me to miscarry, so i refuse to take them! I also told her my period is like clock work i know exactly when its coming but its like they refuse to listen and dont want to be bothered bc then they have to do there job! So my best advice is to just wate it out and keep testing!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Get a second opinion if you think your doctor didn't do what s/he should have done.

An ultrasound wouldn't be helpful right now though. If you are indeed pregnant, the baby is so tiny it wouldn't be easily seen on an ultrasound. A pregnancy test (blood and urine) will be positive weeks before your baby can be seen on ultrasound.

Go back and demand a blood test if you think you're pregnant, or consult a different doctor.
|

replied November 4th, 2009
about a week before my period, my nipples were extremely sore. Then I spotted very little (which I am always heavy) then it was over. I've gained weight like crazy and non of my clothes really fit anymore. But I went to the doctors yesterday and got a blood test and it was negative. I don't know what's wrong with me. I read somewhere that the test could come out wrong due to a miscarriage, a recent abortion or a tumor. Gosh I hope not. Can anybody help me out or explain??
|

replied November 19th, 2009
help me 2 weeks late - hpt
I have same problem. Bf and i have been trying for about a month. got of the bc pill about a month and a half ago or two. last period was on oct.4th and it is now nov.19th i took a test this mornin and it came out negayive. I am more than a week late... what is wrong with me ?
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2009
Sometimes when coming off birth control, your period can be late. A Lot of women get off the pill, then immediately start trying. Then you use the ovulation calculators and they say two weeks after your period starts (or whatever it is). THEN they ovulate a week or two late because they just got off BC and they miss their shot. I'm about two weeks late now and tested a week ago and got a BFN. =( I never used a HPT with my first child so I don't know how long it takes to get a BFP (if I am expecting.

It's kind of a patience game. Natures way of making you learn to be patient, it is ten months till the baby comes anyways.
|

replied December 17th, 2009
I would love to hear what ended up happening to those of you who were unsure and questioning the accuracy of the pregnancy tests. I am only a few days late but have had extreme breast tenderness, nausea, and back cramping but negative pregnancy tests??? HELP!
|

replied December 27th, 2009
I'm in a similar situation, my period is usually irregular but never more than 5 days..i am now 14 days late and have been having period like cramps for about a week now(when i first started getting them i just new i was starting but instead there has been a whitish mucus?) My husband and me are trying to conceive and i was taking the first response ovulation tests and i ovulated on November 30th. I've been taking prenatal vitamns because i heard they can help your chances. I have had headaches the past 4 days, nausea, and dizziness. And something just feels different down there like fluttery i guess but i thought it was gas but nothing comes out most the time (sorry if tmi)..I took a first response gold yesterday morning and it was negative..and i'm not at all stressed..could it just not be showing up on the tests yet since it would be my first pregnancy?? I read on several sites that it can take up to 6 weeks to show up??????????????
|

replied January 19th, 2010
I am about two weeks late and I have been queezy, tired, and moody. I have taken a few tests and they were all negative. However, for you ladies out there who are stressed over this...with my first child I didn't get a positive test result until I was 8 weeks along. I know its frustrating, some of my girlfriends were able to find out just like that, and could start to enjoy the thought of being a new mother. Sadly, its just not that easy for all of us. My only advice is that if you think you are, its best to start doing things as if you were 100% certain, like not drinking. My heart goes out to all of you, because even though I have been through this before...it doesn't get any easier. This time I was really hoping that I could take a test the day it was due and know just like that.
|

replied January 19th, 2010
I am about two weeks late and I have been queezy, tired, and moody. I have taken a few tests and they were all negative. However, for you ladies out there who are stressed over this...with my first child I didn't get a positive test result until I was 8 weeks along. I know its frustrating, some of my girlfriends were able to find out just like that, and could start to enjoy the thought of being a new mother. Sadly, its just not that easy for all of us. My only advice is that if you think you are, its best to start doing things as if you were 100% certain, like not drinking. My heart goes out to all of you, because even though I have been through this before...it doesn't get any easier. This time I was really hoping that I could take a test the day it was due and know just like that.
|

replied February 17th, 2010
me and my husband have also been trying to concieve, i came off the pill 2 months ago, my last period was super light, didnt even need a tampon and this next one is now 2 weeks late, i have taken 3 tests at home, all negative! they have been good quality tests and all done in the morning too! i am starting to wonder what is wrong with me! i really thought i was pregnant! also when i was about 4 days late i was sick every morning after breakfast had all day head aches and had to have a nap everyday for three days i was soooo tired, feel better now just tired and constantly hungry! a friend of mine didnt test positive until 2 weeks late, but i am starting to panic now, this is very unlike me, could it be early menopause with tragic timing?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2010
help
before i was on bc my period was irregular. i am now on seasonique...the 3 month bc and my period is only ever 1 day late...its now 3 weeks that i am late. i have taken 4 at home pregnancy tests and they came up negative. and i have had 2 blood tests done and they say negative also.
my nipples are sore but not my whole breast. i am super hungry all of the time, i pee alot more than usual, i could sleep all day if i could, and still no period.
please help
|

replied April 8th, 2010
I am off BC last november 2009, december 15 my period come ontime, january 29, 2010 come in late and until now no period for 2 months I took a lot of prenancy test but negative. My Nipple is very sore but the rest of my breast are ok. Please gave me advice. thank you.

By the way, I am going to see my obgyn two weeks from now.
|

replied April 21st, 2010
Find out today I am expecting a baby through blood test.
|
12 >>