Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

22 Year Old With Colon Cancer Syptoms

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
My syptoms started about 5months ago when my rectal area would itch very badly and I would notice blood on the toilet paper. Then my syptoms progressed to feeling like I have to have a bowel movement without being able to do so. For the last few months I have been feeling like I always have to have a bm, and there will be days where I am unable to have a bowel movement and other days where I have 3-5 bowel movements in a day. My stool has also become very narrow and everytime I have a bm I feel unrelieved.

My diet is not good at all, but I am still worried about the possibility of colon cancer. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jkon
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
In my opinion, it is more likely that you have ulcerative colitis or irritable bowel syndrome, because of your age. Having blood on toilet tissue is a common symptom of hemmroids. Having blood in your stool is the symptom that would cause concern, and even then, that could indicate other problems before colon cancer.

Just see your family doctor. In the mean time, you might try to eat more veggies, drink lots of water, and consider using a fiber supplement.
|

replied June 28th, 2012
i have thesame symptoms but was gone 1 one year ago.. the only thing that retain is I belch frequently specially in the morning...and other thing that is new starts 5months ago is a feel massive urge of diarrhea after normal bowel elimination and its getting worst every time a go out in the comfort room...i am afraid that it affect my job im a 21 years lod boy from php
|

replied July 8th, 2008
age does not matter
i was 23 when i diagnosed with colon cancer and had ulcerative colitis for 10 years. So sickness knows no age trust me. but i am a surviver and just go to your doc and get tested for your consern.
|

replied April 30th, 2009
You Are Not Alone!!!!
Hey my name is Charles and i have been having the same symptoms and i went to the doctor to get it checked out.. I have to go back on May 6th for a colonoscopy.. If they didnt find anything while i was doing my x rays and cat scan, then i think they would have told me and not proceed with this test.So, im very scared... And Im only 21 yrs old, but i have a family history of colon cancer.
|

replied July 20th, 2009
I myself am wondering if I should get checked. I am also 22 years old, but have the added "bonus" of being born with Hirschsprung's Disease--medically known as angalostic megacolon or something like that (in English--the last six inches of nerve cells in my intestine connecting to my colon were dead.)

Two nights ago, I thought I was getting my period because of the heavy, dark-red, blood flow, but when I checked "there", it was just brown discharge. So I went further back and sure enough, it was coming out of the south end. I also found what I thought was a stuck thingy that I tried to pull out only to find it went back inside. Since then, my bowel movements have been rather small and painful and my lower abdomen has mild pain as well. Of course, I feel sometimes like I still have to go, but end up having just gas.

I guess I'm just not sure if I'm--as my parents would say--overreacting or, considering my medical history, if I really should be concerned.
|

replied July 28th, 2009
18, with colon cancer symptoms
Im 18 and I have been thinking about this alot lately. I've been having some symptoms that have been scaring me. I have been constipated almost everytime I have a bowel movement. I have been getting bad cramping in my lower abdominal area, and I've been gasy and bloated. My parents aren't thinking anything of it, and Im scared to go to the doctor about it. I cant stop thinking about it and am very worried.
|

replied June 28th, 2012
21 colon cancer symptoms
i have thesame symptoms as yours...but my really problem is a feel massive urge of diarrhea after normal bowel elimination and it getting worse... i dont know what is the problem with my stomach
|

replied November 18th, 2009
Colon Cancer
Colon cancer is a very serious condition. Sometimes there are no symptoms at all! If you have any colon cancer in your family you have reason to be concerned. Go to the doctor immediately and tell them of the colon cx. history of the family. Demand a colonoscopy. Cancer does not prejudice against any age! If caught early colon cancer can be treated. If you are a teenager and you have symptoms make the appt. yourself if no one will make it for you but BEG your parents for a check up.
|

replied February 15th, 2010
Many doctor's having given up on finding my problem and instead are simply try to treat the pain, which is funny when I'm allergic to most of them. I'm 21.
|

replied September 2nd, 2010
21 year old colon cancer?
I've been having the same symptoms for a while now, only they got worse these past few days. I feel like i have to go to the bathroom more than five times a day, and I do go but only the first and/or second time will there be a normal amount. I had diarrhea two days ago, but it went away. For about a year now, ive been getting sharp pain in my lower stomach and rectum. Although there is no visable blood, I am still extremely concerned. Especially because I have no medical insurance. I only applied two days ago. Also, I've been burping constantly, about twenty or more times an hour and have also seen stuff that looks like mucus or spit in the stool. What should I do? Plesae help. Thank you!

P.S If i go to the emergency room, will they be able to do anything for me?
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
Jkon...did you go see the doctor? What did he say?
I also had diarrhea for almost two weeks in August and fever, I went to ER and during digital rectal examination , he found a small tumour in my rectum. Doctor suggestedme to go for colonscopy. So when I went to my physician he just took few stool test and blood test. Everything came normal eve Occult blood test was negative so he said you might have some fod intolerance.
But now after a month, I again have diarrhea and pain in lower abdomen. I am afraid if it is acancer and spread..because I did not have pains before. I am going to see the doctor in 2-3 days and get my colonscopy done very soon. But I am afraid if it is a cancer and has spread during this last few weeks due to ignorance.
|

replied October 10th, 2010
colon cancer
hi im 22 and its been a week since i notice blood in my stool. i was having my period last week when i noticed something weird. there was no blood on my pad but there was a bowl full of blood in the toilet bowl. i thought it was my period untill it happened again the next day. and there is where i realized that it was from my stool. i did not panicked that night coz i thought i could be wrong but the next day it was a clear sign that they were blood. so i went to d doc and they tested me for cancer marker test. im going back to d doc tmr for d result.. ill get my colonoscopy done on tuesday.
i feel no pain when i defecate. i drink fruit smooties for breakfast, whole grain for meals. and high fiber biscuits for snacks. thats has been my diet always. i defecate healthy stool. its soft n easy.. but the bleeding is getting worse.. its not too dark nor it is too bright. sometimes it even drip when i defecate.
im so worried for tmr appointment. my mom had polyps before. i dont know if theres any cancer history in my family. and this past 2 days i have been feeling very tired.
|

replied October 16th, 2010
Hi, i do have to say that i have seen and felt some really funky things bubblin and gurglin in the lower insides of me. and i do feel for all of u as i suffer from the same symptoms myself, im not too sure as to how long its been since ive noticed the little things about it all, the gas, the fake poops, the little bugger that comes out slowly and hurts! like someone took the clamps from tongue piercing clamps to a piece of the rectum and is poked with many pins the lump just gets bigger then it goes inside and pops out when i sit down, i stand alot...i do believe this had started a few years back. i had gone to a doctor about it and he said it was hemorrhoids and the discomfort in my abdominal area was constipation. a year later i had noticed one day while wiping the hole that it had protruded out of itself to the point in which i would be able to grab it. really scared the crap outta me. once again...doc says its hemorrhoids. at this point i have not had trust in a doctors word, and from past results, i have my reasons. about 18 months ago i started getting these roaming pains in my pelvic area along with the sides of my abdominal area. these pains have been getting more frequent as of late and its at the point in which when i go to go do the doo i have to struggle to do it as the walls of my rectum protrude when i go. now this is getting to be a concern, and at a late time mind, i havent trusted any doctors for a long timeand my story is complicated but i am hoping that someone from here can give me even a minuscule amount of insight as to what my option are, because the hemorrhoids, and constipation things i just do really buy it anymore.
|

replied October 18th, 2010
i read something recently that constipation leads to hemorrhoids, rectum bleeding and so on. eventually when it gets worse or not treated or if it keep coming again, it could be cancer.
i did cancer marking recently my crp was high. did colonoscopy, d doc couldnt find a thing that might cause d bleeding. its been a week n its still bleeding. i just don know wat it is. its not hemorrhoids, cuts, infection, polyps, cancer, nothing. now they said they wanna cut me n see whats d cause but i find it unnecessary. i was really scared this pass few weeks, but then i realize that ur age do really matter is ur aiming for worse.

get second opinion. and also pain in pelvic and left abdominal area can be bad. could be risky in the future. if u havent done colonoscopy, then u should...

p.s i cant tell u what ur having, i dont have the right to diagnose

hope it helps
|

replied October 28th, 2010
hi,
Idint know that someone can have cancer in young age, I thought cancer is a disease of old age, Well what are the chance if some have cancer in your family, If my grandma have prostate then what is the probability that me too suffer with same, and what are the precautionary measures for it, Reply ...
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
I THINK I HAVE BOWEL CANCER.. I'M 20YRS OLD
I have very painful pain in the lower abdomen, ive had a vaginal swab to test for sti's ect.. it came back totally clear, ive had two blood tests and there normal too. i'm tierd almost all the time. and went to the toilet to discover i have blood in my stools. (which are very difficult to pass) i'd say about a 5ml spoonfull of blood. my doctor has booked me in for a vaginal scan. but this only detects cancer in the ovarys.. I THINK I HAVE BOWEL CANCER!! I'M 20 YEARS OLD
|

replied December 13th, 2012
I have dark blood in my stool and i can go for days without having a bowel movement and then have 3 or 4 in one day, but i have sharp pains in my chest and stomach at times, is this serious?
|

replied January 21st, 2013
Colon cancer can have different types of symptoms, so people should read symptoms for colon cancer which can help to them to stop in their real time otherwise it can be resulted in stage 4 colon cancer. Envita Medical Center can give all detail information about cancer types.
|
Quick Reply