Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Gabe's Poolside Adventure! Pics Included!

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
User Profile
Me & Gabe, my sister, & her neighbor/best friend hung out by said neighbor/best friend's pool this afternoon! It was quite fun.. Other than the sticky hotness of death.

There are many pictures that ensued.

Oh, & he had physical therapy today.. He's progressing okay! His muscles aren't as tight.. But we still have a long way to go.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

I have the most amazing son ever.

Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh my god, that first picture is adorable lol he is gorgeous, you take great pictures kristina!
|

Extremely eHealthy
awwwww what a cutie! He looks so grown up!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
you do have the most amazing son ever he is sooo freakin adorable its unreal, you should get some more professional pics done, he just looks sooooo darn cute at this age Very Happy
|

replied August 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What a cutie. He looks like a very happy boy!!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Aww, there's the little man! He has such a soft expression on his face, Krissy. It's so sweet!

Physical therapy??? Shocked What the heck did I miss?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Only 5 replies? These pictures took me an hour to upload & resize.. Sad I'm not trying to be whiny or starved for attention or anything.. But, eh. Nevermind. I don't even caaaare.

Thanks to those of you who have replied!
Smile

& Laura!!! I MISS YOU.

Gabe has torticollis. His head tilts to the left, because the muscles on that side are too tight.. & The right side is too weak. So he goes to physical therapy every 2 weeks. We're just trying to stretch out the left side & strengthen the right side.. It's going pretty good so far.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
He's getting cuter and cuter every day Krissy!!! I can't believe how big he is now. Sorry you're not getting many replies. I just got on here today cuz I was at work but it has seemed pretty dead lately. Love ya girl! Keep the pics coming.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Awww, poor little Gabe! I've never heard of torticollis before. Is it temporary, or will he have it for a while? Sad I'm really hoping that therapy helps him a lot!

You need internet at your house, Krissy bits. Mr. Green
|

Experienced User
He is such a gorgeous baby!!! You should be one proud momma!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
AyaMiyaki wrote:
Awww, poor little Gabe! I've never heard of torticollis before. Is it temporary, or will he have it for a while? Sad I'm really hoping that therapy helps him a lot!

You need internet at your house, Krissy bits. Mr. Green

Ohh man do I ever need internet. We're so freakin' broke, it sucks. We got declined for food stamps, too. We "make too much" ... Right, yeah. Bah!!!

& It's something that WILL get better- but it'll just take time! He's still so young, there's lots of room for improvement & he's doing great. Once he can sit up on his own, they might have him wear a foam neck-brace to help move things along.
|

replied August 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
he really does have the sweetest face. he looks like such a lovey boy!

my favorite is the one where he's sucking his thumb and looking up. is he a thumb sucker?

so what kind of exercises do they do with him?

cute, as always! i saw poolside and i thought we'd be seeing him in his baby speedo!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Very cute pics ...Gabe is such a doll !!....what did he think first time in a pool ....do u have a cute little floaty thing for him ?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
BridgetHeartsFinn wrote:
he really does have the sweetest face. he looks like such a lovey boy!

my favorite is the one where he's sucking his thumb and looking up. is he a thumb sucker?

so what kind of exercises do they do with him?

cute, as always! i saw poolside and i thought we'd be seeing him in his baby speedo!

He is DEFINITELY a thumb sucker! I don't mind. He's a self-soother. I don't need to hassle or try to get him to fall asleep. I just feed him, bathe him, read him a book, put him down, & in goes the thumb & his eyes close pretty much instantly.

His exercises are pretty easy. He doesn't like them very much, though. We just try to stretch out the left side of his neck. So I just put one hand on his shoulder, one hand on the top of his head & stretch to the left (Well, his right). The other one I have to try & push his left cheek to the ground when he's laying on his back. His range isn't that great. We also have to do a few different strengthening exercises for the right side. Mainly just laying on his left side & trying to make him lift his head up.
|

Extremely eHealthy
What a freaken cutie Krissy! I love that first picture.
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I <3 you, Tanya.
|

replied August 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your pictures are so clear and lovley. I really like the second black and white one. He is so sweet.
|