Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Sleeping On Stomach

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I don't remember when I stopped sleeping on my stomach when I was preggo with issac. How many weeks were you when you stopped sleeping on your belly? Curious to know. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
When I wasnt able to anymore!!
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Experienced User
I'm scared i'll hurt the baby. Can you?
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I havent did it since I found I was preg! I was scared!! I heard its okay, but if its scary to u dont do it!!!

Jordan andjaydyn
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I still do! And i'm 39 weeks and 4 days! Lol.....Don't do it if its not comfy for u tho! Sometimes its too much pressure for me!
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Doc shmock......They never asked! Lol.....Hes not dead yet so it seems okay! Lol. Why would sleeping on your stomch hurt them anymore than sleeping on ur back? Thats my reasoning.....
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I heard sleeping on your side is best. I still sleep on my stomach kinda but not through the whole night. And im not going to after I get bigger. Ill look into that one though
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Isnt that so uncomfortable??? I know that I could never do that at 9 months! I would feel like im on a balancing beam with my stomach!
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Im still on the small side jill.....Lol. It does get uncomfortable sometimes like if I am having a contraction so I move.....But I still do it because I have always been a belly sleeper. I cant help it.....No other position is comfortable for me.
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Experienced User
I'm just going to sleep on my side. Thanks everyone.
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
What about sleepin on ur back??? Is that as bad as people say is sleepin on ur stomach??

Shauna
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Sleepign on ur back causes the placenta to rest more on baby causing the placenta to get less blood flow :d

jrdan and jaydyn
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm 18 weeks and I sleep on my belly. I slept on my belly for my son until then end. Being that I didn't start showing until I was in my seventh month it wasn't uncomfortable for me.

Brneda
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I heard after the first trimester you are supposed to sleep on you left side (better circulation), and you are supposed to avoid crossing your legs, cuz that can cause the circulation to baby slow down.
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yep ur right lil momma.. I try to avoid sleepin on my back but I still do sometimes.. I would never sleep on my stomach tho anymore and im 21 weeks. My doctor told me to try to sleep on either side, particulary the left and avoid sleeping on your stomach after you are 12 weeks.
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Experienced User
Ive alwase slep on my side, so I guess im ok, lol, my aunt donnie slep on her tummy through-out her whole pregnancy.....
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh