Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Sharp stomach pain on left side, Sore throat, cough, tirred

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
First of all I did see my Doc he said I am okay but they took blood for testing but no results until WED so I don’t want to pass anything to my family in the mean time and I am very worried.

Few weeks ago I started to have this weird stomach pain on the left side on the same level of my belly button. Its 6 to 7 out of 10 sharp pain with pressure that comes from no where and goes out of no where. Few days later I got very ill and I felt very weak and had very similar flu symptoms including

Sore throat, a bit of cough, very very tired, weak and my arms, legs and back hurts. Then I started to have canker sores which I got like 4 of them, still have one now. My tong is a bit white and got a bit of dead skin right under my eyebrows but now its gone (kind of small rash no itching).

Now today I see small white spots on my tonsils like one or 2.

What do I have? Please help.

oh and few days ago had little fever 100 and I am loosing my apptite
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2007
I truly think I have mono but I just want someone to confirm. Sometimes my stomach hurts on the right and I think its my liver.

This truly sux because if I have mono I read its pain in the butt I cant even workout or walk straight.
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Those symptoms could mean many things, so we're not going to be much help in finding out what you have. You'll have to wait for the doctor's report.
|

replied April 13th, 2012
Sounds pretty much exactly like the mono I just got over. I started off with a small sore throat that exploded into an extremely painful strep-like sore throat with AWFUL looking white and yellow/gray spots. Simultaneously, I broke out in hives everywhere (your eyebrow rash, perhaps, as hives and many other types of rashes are symptoms of mono). Extreme fatigue and general body, limb, and muscle soreness ensued, and I went to the doctor. I was diagnosed then, given steroids for my throat, told to take it easy (no alcohol as your spleen, which is on the left side of your abdomen and you liver, which is on the right are swollen. In theory, a swollen spleen would explain the abdominal pain). All you can do from then on is lay around and hope you feel better soon. I recovered in a week, very luckily, some people are out for a month or more. But run down to your doctor if your symptoms persist or worsen so they can draw some blood and do a mono-spot test. It'll take you 30 minutes and no cost if you have insurance (still really cheap if you don't). If you do in fact have mono, get it figured out as soon as possible and you can hit the recovery road as fast as I did.
|