Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Am I At Risk For Long term Sundamage ?

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I apply sunblock religiously everytime I go out and am in the shade for most of the time when I go out.

But heres my paranoia:

My room faces the morning sun. The only thing filtering the sun out is two thin sheets of a curtain type thing. My room is still fairly bright with sunlight with this however. How much at risk am I? I sleep in alot so I get bathed in that light for 1-2 hours maybe even more depending on time of year.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Hi there, I guess you could call me Queen of Melanoma! Do you have fair skin, light color or red hair, have you ever had any serious sunburn throughout childhood? Do you ever sun bath or get in a tanning bed? If you answered YES to any of these, you are more prone to get any form of skin cancer than others. I have had so many places removed and actually had malignant melanoma and lymph nodes removed 8 years ago. As for your room, can you not get a room darkening shade for your windows? You can buy these fairly cheap and it would keep out the harmful rays whenever you wanted to eliminate the light. Or, you could alwasy tack up a dark colored sheet/blanket or even hang different heavy type lined curtains over your windows. Hope I've helped! Cool
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply