Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Kidney Stones That Never Pass?

Must Read
More than a million people get kidney stones in the US annually. But what is a kidney stone? How many types of kidney stones are diagnosed?...
Can kidney stones be avoided? Learn the common causes and factors that can put you at risk of developing a kidney stone here....
How do you know if flank pain is caused by kidney stones? Learn to identify the common signs and symptoms of kidney stones in this section....
I recently got a Cat Scan for chronic back pain (pars defect it turns out) and it showed that I have a couple small "calcifications" in my left kidney. My doctor said that it was nothing to worry about, that it's possible that I may never pass them.

Does this sound right, and if so what percentage of people have them and never pass them and/or never experience symptoms?

thanks a lot,
Noah Gooding
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 16th, 2007
Re: Kidney Stones That Never Pass?
njbgman wrote:
I recently got a Cat Scan for chronic back pain (pars defect it turns out) and it showed that I have a couple small "calcifications" in my left kidney. My doctor said that it was nothing to worry about, that it's possible that I may never pass them.

Does this sound right, and if so what percentage of people have them and never pass them and/or never experience symptoms?

thanks a lot,
Noah Gooding
Yes it is okay .as long as they dont move,get to large or cause infection or block anything.my friend has had them for years,however what for signs .
|

replied August 19th, 2007
Stones Not Passing...
I too have 1- 4mm stone which has been causing problems for over 2 months. It was first thought that I had UTI infections & took 3 rounds of antibiotics. Then a scan was done which showed this stone. Doc said it would pass but it hasn't. I have had 2 pm episodes where I was in quite a lot of pain. For the past few days, I have been only mildly uncomfortable. If I allow this stone to remain, is it possible it could get too big to pass or cause infections? Is it possible the scan identified the problem as a stone when in fact it was "something" else? I ask this BC I have a feeling of pressure in my vagina & mildly in my rectum.Thanks, Sommar
|