Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Accidently Cut My Mole

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hey,
I have a mole on the area above my upper lip, today i cut it while shaving, it has since formed a small scab on top of my mole(it is a light brown raised mole), call me paranoid but will this heal ok and eventually drop off to reveal my mole as it used to be? This scab is very minute but i couldnt help worrying as its the first time it actually bled for more than a minute.

Apologies for posting in the skin cancer section, i couldnt find a better section to post in.

Kind Regards, Ian
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ianjames
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
I'm sure that the scab of the mole already fall out and revealed your mole looking the same. You don't need to worry about the bleeding because it was caused and facial moles have more blood vessels. You should be concern if the mole starts to bleed suddenly and very often. Also, very frequent irritations of the mole are not good. I'll suggest you to visit a dermatologist and ask to be removed because is in area where can be easily damaged.
|

replied January 15th, 2008
Experienced User
yea it definately should!
|

replied July 25th, 2010
Lip Mole Scab
i have a small pigmented raised mole on my top lip too, i recently had a cold sore which happened to form around my mole(unlucky. It scabbed and the scab fell off and kind of took the colour of the mole with it. the pigmented colour came back to normal, thank God. is this safe? hope it never happens again. the mole is cute.
|

replied May 31st, 2012
I had a Tiney mole on my hip and it got itchy so I scratched it and then sqeezed it then it's blackness came out and now I've been stuck with a red mark sore muscel I'm my leg will I be okay
|

replied September 26th, 2012
That should be quite painful. Take care of the bleeding.
|