Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Self Injury Forum! (Page 1)

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
Dear members,

We're happy to announce a new community forum directed toward self-injury. If you or someone you know hurts themselves to feel better, you are no longer alone! Visit the Self Injury Forum to start to discuss solutions toward recovery. We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you.

- The peeps at EHEALTHforum
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile tinkinpink84
|
Users who thank tinkinpink84 for this post: KristaBurke01 

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2008
Supporter
Great idea!
Always here to lend an ear and try to be a friend.....Feel free to PM me as well if you do not feel comfortable writing to a crowd! I am very understanding and just want to try to help! Hugs!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied July 11th, 2011
This post is from 2008 so I wonder if you are even still on here...but you seem very kind and I hope that someone can help me. I'm 14 years old, female, my name is Kenzie. My mom was diagnosed with 3rd degree Gleoblastomic brain cancer on April 5th 2010. I was okay until about April of this year. My mom started getting worse. I started fighting with my friends alot and having extreme mood swings. I love my best friend Charlee(female) but I get crabby with her for no apparent reason and I feel so bad. She only wants to help me and I love her so much. In April I hinted to her that I had thought about hurting myself. Then about a week later I got on a fight with my parents and felt very sad and angry and I punched my bedroom wall repetedly until my knuckles bled. I did it again a few weeks later. From there, my relationships with my friends went downhill. I know its my fault because they never did anything wrong. My friends still talk to me and everything, but I feel isolated from everyone. I'm the kind of person who strives off of attention and love from other people. When I broke up with my boyfriend(and very close friend) Aidan on June 1st, I wanted space and I had taken for granted that there was one person in this world who would do anything for me and who loved me. And don't say that is ridiculous because we're young. We had a very mature relationship and we both cared for eachother. Without him now I feel like I have nobody to turn to except for my best friend Jae. And she feels jeslous of me because I gave "all these friends and guys who like me". So i feel like I can't talk to her about alot of things because I dont want to make her feel bad. Aidan won't talk to me now, he doesn't text me back when I just say 'hey', and 3 of his close friends have told me that he hates me. I feel like everyone secretly hates me which I know sounds ridiculous but it's how I feel. I feel detached and alone. It's getting worse every day. I hurt all of my friends when they didn't even do anything to me. I hurt the 15 closest people to me, so I put 15 cuts on my left wrist with a broken nail scissors. I'm punishing myself for hurting them. I cry all the time, and I have noticed that I am getting more an more sensitive. I feel alone. Cutting gives me a rush. I don't feel anything else. When I try to have fun with my friends I just remember that they dont like me. Life is hard. My mom supposedly has a month to live..she's getting visibly worse every day. I don't mean to make my life sound all horrible but it's what I'm feeling but I haven't felt truly happy since March 20th. March 21st is when I started fleeling alone. I've never really talked to anyone about this. Please help me.
|

replied September 20th, 2011
If youre still here, I'm so, so sorry, and I know how you feel.

I cut myself with a rusty old craft knife, and I know the rush. Please, please don't do anything rash. Get help from a counselor and remember that your friends still love you, if they are close. Private message me, please, so I can help you.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.

replied January 5th, 2013
indeed depressed people needs someone who hears attentively. most of the times they feel alone and neglected. just your presence can make them feel secure.
|

replied April 9th, 2013
To get people, those who hears attentively, they need to join community groups. It is a place where people listens to their community members problems and provides solutions to it.
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2013
Dear Fairy Godmother,
While I don't do cutting, I do pick scabs each time I get one, often until I bleed.I have been doing this since I was ten years old--and I will turn 62 tomorrow, New Year's Day. I've been in therapy for five years, though the picking habit continues. Why I do this, I'm still trying to find out.
I want this to stop.
Peace,
whistleheart
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2008
Supporter
much needed, awesome!
Fairy*Godmother wrote:
Always here to lend an ear and try to be a friend.....Feel free to PM me as well if you do not feel comfortable writing to a crowd! I am very understanding and just want to try to help! Hugs!

that sums it up for me as well.
xoxo
|

replied July 15th, 2008
self injury forum
thank you tiphat
its really a helpful thing done by you,i think this will hel[p the people very much.This will also help in some bit of awareness thats a great thing i am quite glad about it ,it also help in recover our self injury quickly.
|

replied August 14th, 2008
Great idea ~
Moden people are living in a society with such a high pressure. We should a way or other to relieve it.
I constantly found such kind of event here and there, especially high pressure environment like Japan.
Will mental problem be another cancer to human being?
|

replied October 28th, 2008
three yrs broken
i broke three yrs of not cutting and i always think i would feel beter if i cut but i dont want to be considered pyscho
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2008
Experienced User
How did you end the cycle, crazigoth?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied August 7th, 2009
i need help
heey i'm a 17 year old boy and i hate my face its so ugly that sometimes i cant look at myself in the mirror, i seem to be depressed alot cuz i cant think straight and im always staring around i just hate myself :S
each day im called by names by people who know me or do not and sometimes i swear some people that realy know me emply that im ugly and i abhore that i can't do anything , i wana become a doctor and make alot of money im smart and i can do that the only thing that is standing my way is my face :S and im hopping that when i get that money ill have a surgery if that could help i dont know what to do with those people who call names or emply to do so please help me i concidered suicide very much and i think of it every single day if only it was'nt a sin i would be dead right now :S
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2009
Supporter
HOeny I am so sorry you are treated this way..Unfortuantely the world is filled with superficial..
Your drive to become a doctor is admirable..You keep working towards that goal..Someday you will be helping others who feel just as you do right now..That is when you will donate some of your time to help someone less fortuante..
I do not know where you live,I'm sure you are still in school..Do you have school counelors to talk with? Do your parnets udnerstand how hurt you are bad the name calling? Anyone who says names don't hurt proabably has never been called bad names.. Talk with your parents or take action yourself..You are a smart oung man..Contact plastic surgeons ask them if they could help you..Tell them you do not have the money but you need the help..Ask if they can help a future doctor..Or ask you primary care physician if they know anyone who can help you..Put your story in the newspaper-put it on the internet..Of course before you allow anyone to touch you check their credentials first..

Someday honey you will be the one answering a post just like what you have placed..DOn't give up and keep that faith strong..kd.
|

replied August 11th, 2009
uno, im 13 and im deppressed. i started to cut myself, on the legs and wrists, my friends got pissed and were like NUP U DO THAT AGAIN AND I DONT TALK TO YOU! so now i have to do it in places which arnt noticable like my stomach or up high on my thighs. would it be really bad if i cut behind my kneck?
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2009
Supporter
Taylor, are you 13? You need to talk with your parents and talk with a coucnelor ASAP..
Your friends are scared for you..Not everyone cuts..I know some do other things to work out their pain but cutting is so physical and it is scarey..
Why are you cutting? What's going on with you? I know you are online? If you want to talk I am here..If not then you still need to talk with someone..k
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2009
Supporter
Taylor-honey you need to let your councelor know what is going on..Going and not laying everything out for the councelor is doing yourself an injustice..I am a grandma and ask that you lay off the bad language and attitude..I want to hear what you have to say but aask that you do it resepctfully..

Just tell me what's going on..Why do you cut? What is hurting you so bad?k
|

i dont want to hurt my mother, she wont trust me ever again with this... why i started cutting because of that school i go to. I once a long time ago was a charming, respectuful, cheerful person and no im just one of those ferel kids. Except idont tend to bully people, im kinda the one who gets bullied Sad If u ever go to an australian high school, its pure HELL. The boys are just 100% yuck and the girls are the same. well, most are. I hate it. I started waggin today, the chances are that i would do it again... :s

sorry bout my attidude, i get angry very eaisly and explain it with my words or my kick buttin skill...
|

User Profile
Supporter
Honey--Talkwith your mom honey..She is there for you..Her heart will ache knowing you are going thoruhg this but sheneeds to know..There are people there who can help you..You are at an age that your hormones are raging and I feel bad for you because I know what that feels like..Bad enough the hormaones are going like crazy but then you have kids picking on you and new school..There is a person on forum who lives in spam unapproved and is a christian man who is strong in faith..he is not a bible thumper but heknows his stuff..he also is a health addict and could guide you in strengthening yourself..Would you want to talk with him? Have you thought ouf doing karate? My grandson does shalin kungfu and ennjoys it very much..It takes stress off the body and prepares the body for battle if needed but focuses more on inner self..It builds confidence..k

I live in the USA and we have same problems here..
|

yeah i do taekwondo since i was seven and im a double black tip in it. No thankyou, i dont want to talk to that man thank, buts thanks for offering. I really dont no what to do, what would that accomplish if i told my cousler? besides the only thing that feels like its helping, the rest sucks. My teachers are alright i guess, my maths teacher is cool but i dont have the strength to do my work, it takes to much effort to do it and thats pretty bad, but its just too HARD to do anything with it.
|

User Profile
Supporter
yeah i do taekwondo since i was seven and im a double black tip in it. Is black tip same as it owuld be here-we call it black belt? Amglad you are in this..talk wiht your instructor..You would be surprized the number or people who would understnad..look at me..i am a grandma and my cutting happened years ago..

talking is theraputic in that it helps to release pent up feelings..this is the purpose of counceling..to talk and open up..cleansing if you will..

i think you would like my aussie.friend..I now call him my brother..His wife must be great as he talks so lovingly of her..They have alot of faith int heir family..With them living there they would understnad the school system..k
|

replied September 25th, 2009
Hey Dear,

Thanks for all your efforts and dedication towards the people who really hurts them by doing self injuries...

Thanks a lot for taking care of them... i am with you for now and forever.

Best Wishes
|

replied October 17th, 2009
Help
I'm seventeen and I've been cutting for seven years - yeah, since I was ten. I've also burned myself and pierced myself. My parents found out and they said they'd get me help, but they haven't, and whenever I bring it up they get mad and pretty much ignore me. I feel so hopeless. I can't stop on my own and there's no school shrink, just the councilor who HATES me for some freaking reason. I can't even go somewhere on my own because my parents keep a SUFFOCATINGLY tight leash on me and I'm always stuck with my little brother and sister while they go out all of the time. I don't know what to do. I feel so hopeless, I don't know how much longer I can take all of this crap and each time I cut it just makes me feel lower and lower but numb at the same time. How do I get help if nobody wants to help me??
|

replied November 16th, 2009
My depression
I'm thirteen and I have been diagnosed
as clinically depressed. It's funny because I cut myslef,
but because of tiny things,
I can't break this huge cyle of what I think, and when I cut myself, I go into another world, it's not me,
I feel like people are talking about me behind my back, and these voices in my head
take over me, haunt me, say my name. I can hear kids always saying my name and it scares me. Imagine a wave washing over you, and then you can't break to the surface. That's how I feel, my instead of water, that wave is made of my sorrow.
But really, my question is, should I tell my boyfriend,
because he seems to be the only thing that makes me happy anymore.
|
Quick Reply