Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

White Stuff On Side of Tongue?

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
on one side of my tongue i have a couple of white spots where it looks like it rubs against my molars. Totally painless and just curious what it is and is it harmless. Also i dont use any tobacco products. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper LSwon2001
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
are they on your tongue or on your tonsils? do they come "off" every once in a while?
|

on my tongue..its not that far back, and i can pick it off if i want to. Some of its hard to get off though, but think this isnt the best route.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Huh
not sure what that is--perhaps thrush?Id get it checked out.
|

Especially eHealthy
plaque? do you brush your tounge daily?
if not i suggest brushing your tounge as well as your teeth
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
plaque sticks to your teeth not your tongue.
|

the_girlfreind wrote:
plaque? do you brush your tounge daily?
if not i suggest brushing your tounge as well as your teeth

brush in morning and before i go to bed. I dont think its nothing bad just wanted to see what you guys thought. I have some "magic mouthwash" at home....i may try using it.
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Hey
dyanmatteson wrote:

plaque can build up on your tounge as well
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Hey
the_girlfreind wrote:
dyanmatteson wrote:

plaque can build up on your tounge as well

talk to your dentist.
|

Especially eHealthy
here is some info on plaque build up in your mouth

and a bit about the build up on your tounge

Wink

http://www.beauty-and-makeup-tips.com/heal thy-teeth.html
|

Extremely eHealthy
LSwon2001 wrote:
on my tongue..its not that far back, and i can pick it off if i want to. Some of its hard to get off though, but think this isnt the best route.
do you drink enough? often if your body is dehydrated parts of your tongue or the whoe thing will turn white. It can come off though.
|

~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
LSwon2001 wrote:
do you drink enough? often if your body is dehydrated parts of your tongue or the whoe thing will turn white. It can come off though.

yeah i drink enough water. Like i said i dont believe its nothing serious...just curious. I do my regular dental appt. every 6 months so next time im there i will ask them about it whether its still there or not. Funny thing is its only on one side? thanks for all the replies.
|

replied August 15th, 2007
Experienced User
I remember sex ed in jr high saying this could happen it could be a yeast infection in yur mouth. Like if yu gave a gilr oral an she had a yeast infection. try lookin it up
|