Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Spotting But No Period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
So, I have had consistant periods that started on the 18th and ended on the 22nd. It was that way for about 6 - 7 months. So last month I dont get anything until the 31st, and then it was only a few spots. I have been spotting since then. its been about 10 days. I havent spotted every single day but I havent had an actual flow. The last time I had sex on was May 1st and I have had 3 periods since then so I dont think Im pregnant. Any suggestions on how to make get it to start?

I was told that having sex around the due date of a period is a good way. Any thoughts on that?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2007
Any help?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
Not really sure if there is a sort of CURE to start a period, my husband swears that SEX will start it! Sometimes he's right......If you don't have a period this month, I would get a preg. test. I spotted the next two months I found out I was pregnant.......that was a LONG time ago. Just wear condoms and use every precaution......At least I responded! Laughing
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Spotting But No Period
Goldyn wrote:
So, I have had consistant periods that started on the 18th and ended on the 22nd. It was that way for about 6 - 7 months. So last month I dont get anything until the 31st, and then it was only a few spots. I have been spotting since then. its been about 10 days. I havent spotted every single day but I havent had an actual flow. The last time I had sex on was May 1st and I have had 3 periods since then so I dont think Im pregnant. Any suggestions on how to make get it to start?

I was told that having sex around the due date of a period is a good way. Any thoughts on that?

I would go talk to your gynecologist before taking any action to kick-start your period. A gynecologist is the person who will know the safest way to do this.

It sounds like you *just* started getting your period this year/last year. Your cycle may start out steady and then change; it will not be "set in stone" until you're about 19 or 20 and finally finishing puberty. I personally had my first period, and then didn't have one fore another 5 months. It slowly got shorter and shorter until my usual cycle was about 35 days long. So it may be that your cycles are lengthening.
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Sex won't necessarily jump start your period. Sometimes if it's around period time, an orgasm will push out blood (uterine contractions) that you may not have known was still in there (usually at the end of your period). But sex won't cause the hormone fluctuations that are necessary for ovulation and menstruation.
|
Quick Reply