Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Can Birth Control Cause Stomach Pains And Bloating

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I just recently started taking birth control about 2 and a half weeks ago. My stomach has been hurting with like a bloating feeling is this a symptom from birth control or could this be a sign of early pregnancy?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper StaciaDD
|

replied August 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I think it is more likely a side effect of birth control since I've had the same reaction.
|

replied August 8th, 2011
birth control
have yall had bloating like a week and a half or so before your periods? my stomach looks kinda big and i'm really tiny.
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
Yes, if you're before your period.
For me about a week or a week and a half before my period starts I get pre-period bloat.
I'm only 5'2" and I suffer from the tiny problem as well, don't worry if you're worrying about pregnancy.
Pre-period bloat and water retention is probably it. Smile
It helps to drink water and avoid salty/sweet foods, it'll help alleviate some of the bloated-ness.
|

replied May 6th, 2013
Birth Control
I recently started taking birth control again after about a week or so of being off it...could that also cause my stomach to hurt? Or is that an early sign of pregnancy as well?
|