Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Schizophrenia! What Symptoms Do You Personally Get?

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and just interested in everybody else's symptoms in detail of what you actually experience.

I always have constant racing thoughts, mainly negative thoughts about everything around me, as well as negative thoughts about myself. I hear voices, they seem to switch between male and female, and they tell me what everybody else is thinking, and then tell me bad things about myself.

I don't have many visual hallucinations but I used to prior to medication (Zyprexa/olanzapine), mainly shadowy figures which I put down to being demons.. feeling things touching me, stroking my hair, pressure on my head pushing down on me.. which I know believe to be somewhat related to extraterrestrial beings.

I get a lot of disorganized thinking.. all my thoughts are all over the place and I can't control them. I have disorganized speech patterns where I switch topics or derail off conversation..but nothing majorly concerning.

Echoing/repeating what other say, twisted sentences around, etc.

General paranoia, being paranoid that people are talking about me, planning things against me, all that jazz.

So what symptoms do YOU get? (prior to medication, if you wish).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2007
Here is an interesting one.

Voices are said to be delusions.

Mine kept me informed.

For instance, I would flip a quarter and would be informed which side would end up face up.

I did this in front of a couple of buddies of mine. One decided to make bets against my success. After I had correctly predicted the outcome of coin flipping 12 times in a row, with a little help, he was starting to sweat because he owed me a lot of cash by then.

He said that I was cheating, and so I told him to flip the coin and slap it down on the counter all while I am looking in the opposite direction. I kept on giving the right predictions. After I reached 27 correct predictions in a row, I laughed and stoped while telling him to forget about the cash.

I could have kept on going on and on and on and on and on and on ......
|
Did you find this post helpful?