Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Contraction Cramps Before & During a Bm After Hysterectomy

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Has any1 experienced these contraction-like pains before and during a bowel movement after having a hysterectomy? Or does any1 know y this happens? I had a partial hyst 2 weeks ago, and the pains during a bm aren't letting up at all I'm practically in tears while going to the bathroom. Some1 please let me know if this is normal or if I have something to worry about!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 9th, 2007
Contractions During Bm
I was looking for a post about this.
I am scheduled for a Partial Hyst., rectocyle and cyctocyle (bladder and bowel fix)...and I get contractions, too...this is pre-surgery, however.
|

replied August 10th, 2007
Re: Contractions During Bm
Jodilynne wrote:
I was looking for a post about this.
I am scheduled for a Partial Hyst., rectocyle and cyctocyle (bladder and bowel fix)...and I get contractions, too...this is pre-surgery, however.
Ya I'm 3 weeks post surgery. I had a partial hyst & a bladder lift. The contraction pain however, does get worse before it get's better. I'm just now starting to feel a tiny bit of relief since surgery.
|

replied August 27th, 2007
Re: Contraction Cramps Before & During a Bm After Hyster
pb1381 wrote:
Has any1 experienced these contraction-like pains before and during a bowel movement after having a hysterectomy? Or does any1 know y this happens? I had a partial hyst 2 weeks ago, and the pains during a bm aren't letting up at all I'm practically in tears while going to the bathroom. Some1 please let me know if this is normal or if I have something to worry about!

I had this same problem and the Dr. confirmed it was bladder spasms! I am 9 wks. post op now and it is just about gone. Thank God! I thought I was going in labor everytime I went to the bathroom...No cure, just time!
|

replied January 10th, 2012
Crampy bowels after hysterectomy
I am 10 days postoperative robotic hysterectomy. The abdominal
Cramping while my bowels move is horrific! My surgeon
Says this will go away as I heal AND, it is also
A side effect of narcotics. Jane
|

replied January 10th, 2012
I am 10 days postoperative robotic hysterectomy. The abdominal
Cramping while my bowels move is horrific! My surgeon
Says this will go away as I heal AND, it is also
A side effect of narcotics. Jane
|

replied February 17th, 2008
post h/r contractions
it feels like pregnancy contractions its really weird not at bm though just all the time
|