Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Leg Pain , Pulsing Vein

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
A few weeks ago while sitting at my desk with my feet under my chair, I barely started to push with my legs to move the chair when a severe pain hit my the top of my left thigh that felt as though a muscle had ripped. Several times since then, when sitting in a chair for a while, such as in a restaurant, the pain would return and I wouldn't be able to stand and put any pressure on my leg, it feels like I have no strength to support standing. After a minute or two the pain would go away. Last night and all today I have had a pulsing or twitching vein in my leg, close to my knee and sometimes a sharp pain where the initial pain was.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 27th, 2009
Tiny sharp pulsating pain
Last night I woke up to a tiny, quickly pulsating, sharp needle-like pain in my vein (?) right under the skin, in my leg near my knee. There are no spider/insect bite marks. What could it be?
|
Did you find this post helpful?