Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

Losing Blood

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
Hello
My dad has been in and out of the hospital lately some reason his body is losing blood may not be generating blood. the first time he was in the hospital he got 4 pints of blood and they did a upper and lower GI
this last week they gave him 2 pints of blood and did a spinal tap. But the drs. still have not given any test results or tell us as to why he is losing blood. Does anyone have ideas as to what can be the problem???

I live in a dfferent state then my dad and I am very concerned.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kelarbrook
|

replied February 16th, 2008
Loosing Blood
Did you ever find out what was wrong? I am a 56 year old female. I had 4 units of blood a months ago and 3 units yesterday. I feel like a pin cushion. My doctor so far can't figure out what is wrong. They are now getting into the spendy tests since I have no medical insurance.
|

replied September 20th, 2008
possible solution to losing blood!
I registered under the name of "Welshtaffy".I wanted to know if anyone could help my sister in law who has been losing blood for at least 10 years now.She was needing to have a blood transfusion every two weeks.It is on your webpage.
After all this time the latest check up has shown that she has a tear in the small bowel.It appears to be surrounded by small ulcers.
She has never been very strong due to being anaemic.
She may need to be operated on but maybe not! Since a month now she has been taking tablets that will hopefully reduce the ulcers. The ulcers could be the reason for the blood loss. It´s very possible the tablets could stop the problem!
I do not have the name of these tablets with me.
She certainly is not losing so much blood at this time,although that could be put down to other reasons.
She has had a dreadful time, for instance not being able to go away for over a week at a time.It has been that bad!

We are all very surprised that this tear in the bowel was not noticed before now.She has had several scans.

Maybe this information will help someone else out there.I really hope so.
|

replied November 15th, 2008
loosing blood
My mother is 75 and untill 6 weeks ago she would get along great
and then it started with a fever and chills . The chills are gone but she
gets a fever almost every day and she is so weak that she can't hardly get arount
now she has had test from two hospitals and allthough her spleen is enlarged
and the tube going to the liver is swelled a little they have no answers to
where she is loosing blood at about 3 pints a week all signs are cancer but
the bone marrow and blood tests have all come back ok. Any help would be much
appreciated.
|

replied November 15th, 2008
TO BOOMBOOM2232
I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING THIS SINCE MY MOTHER HAS BECOME ILL
COULD YOU GIVE ME THE SYMTOMS AND AS FAR AS SOME DR GO I
UNDERSTAND COMPLETLY BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP PUSHING THEM
TO TAKE TEST UNTILL THEY FIND THE SOURCE LIKE UPPER GI LOWER GI
SONOGRAHM, BONE MARROW BECAUSE ANYTHING CAN BE TREATED
ONCE THEY FIND IT.
|

replied March 7th, 2009
Loosing Blood
My dad has become very weak so he was taken to the hospital. He is there now and the Drs said he is loosing blood. They have conducted several tests and think that it may be coming from his bone marrow. What might this mean? He had a stent about 5 mos ago and we feared it could be that but they confirmed it is not that. He was put on blood thinners and thought this might be it, but thus far the drs are saying it is coming they think from Bone marrow. What might this mean?
|
Quick Reply