Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

After Surgery Catheter Irritation

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I had recently have a surgery which involved carrying a catheter for a few days. But during that, I have noticed urine and blood drainage around the catheter which looked scary. After that I had huge irritate red place. Is that normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sayonara
|

replied September 2nd, 2007
I'm not a doctor so this is just my experience. I had to have a cathetar in for 2 weeks and after a week it got sorei-sh and a tiny bit of blood was there. When i was tested it had shown that the cathetar had given me an infection. Of course i dont know what surgery u had that may affect your experience.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply