Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Hip Implants (Page 1)

This may be crazy, but I really want to find out the answer. I am a 24 year old woman with self confidence problems pertaining to my straight boyish body. I have no hips. I was wondering if it was possible to install hip implants into my hip bones to make my hips more curvy and make me feel more feminine. I hate my body! I look like a boy! Aren't there any entrepeneurial doctors out there that want to investigate this?

-myst
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ps101
|

replied May 20th, 2004
I was wondering if you found any information about this issue. I'm 26 and I have the same problem.

-aisha
|

replied May 4th, 2011
Liposuction surgery can enhance the buttocks, hips and thighs around it. This makes everything around it smaller, and can indirectly make the buttocks seems bigger and rounder compared to the rest of the body. So you should consult with any board certified surgeon for this.
|

replied August 24th, 2004
I've work in surgery for 10 years and have never heard of that. I don't think it is is even possible with out fracturing the pelvis and you don't want that done.
|

replied November 4th, 2004
Other Options
If hip implants aren't possible, maybe you could look into butt and/or breast implants.

It would fill out your frame a bit, and maybe that would help you feel more womanly.

Also, don't forget the effects of time -- women typically gain 15 lbs every decade, so it's possible your body will flesh out on its own!
|

replied December 24th, 2004
I'm 26 and worried about basically the same thing. I've done a bit of research and can't find any examples of "hip implants", let alone examples of happy patients with good cosmetic results.

I had some cosmetic surgery about 5 years ago and while it totally dealt with my body image issues with my face and i'd do it again in a heartbeat, I was somewhat surprised at how much it takes out of you. I can say that hip bone work seems like it would be a *hugely* invasive procedure compared to the benefits.

I've heard of quacks who will inject silicone directly into your body in small doses over time (or really bad ones :( who do a lot all at once). In lots of latin american countries "transvestis" (something like the transsexual prostitutes in the us from what I understand), who have a similar problem with "too boyish hips", get injections there during back room procedures. Some people think it looks really great initially, but i've heard horror stories about even the initial results and after a few years the silicone frequently starts to migrate and you've got a disaster on your hands. So that's a no go too.

Butt implants and a boob job aren't what i'm looking for either, I have plenty of ass for a nice profile, it's just the appearance of (no) curves from straight on or behind that I hate. Plus i'd rather not have foreign objects in me. Even a simple common breast aug sounds scary to me since I looked into the 10 and 20 year prognosis on ruptures and internal scarring and whatnot. Ick.

My current "hmmm... Maybe this would work" idea is to have my floating ribs removed.

Here's a plastic surgeon who'll do it and even has before and after pics posted online: http://www.Aaronstonemd.Com/ribremoval.Sht m

i really don't like the scars from that procedure, but there are people who do an endoscopic version of rib surgery at http://www.Spineuniverse.Com/displayarticl e.Php/article2506.Html

neither of the people at the second link seem to be plastic surgeons, they work on patients with scoliosis, so they might not do it at all because you "aren't sick, just vain" or some ethical thing like that. (i say :p to that.) if they will do it they might not be good at scar management and other things cosmetic surgeons are supposed to be focused on. Shopping around might be possible.

At this point i'm still in the stage where I just day dream and maybe wander the web a bit every so often. I only found this thread via google when I thought it would be good to be sure that "hip implants" if they existed weren't maybe a better idea than rib removal. If I ever do make a decision maybe i'll come back to this forum and post about how and why I made it.

-passing through
|

replied August 28th, 2006
Leukemia
All (acute lymphoblast leukemia) is more commonly diagnosed for children than for adults.
|

replied June 14th, 2007
Boy Hips, No Curves Too
I have same problem, been searching internet 4 years and trying things. I haven't given up yet, but is very frustrating. I'm 35 so I feel like this is my last chance to be a beautiful young woman that doesn't get mistaken for a boy. I've tried buttock implants, don't do it. I had to go back to Bangkok to have it removed. It made the back of my butt bigger, which in turn actually makes the side of you look even smaller. It just looked rediculous. The dr lied and said he could make it look like hips is bigger. But to some drs, they use hips and butt interchangeable like is same thing when it is not. I also just had fat transfer even though I knew it was not a sure thing. First off, I went into it having very little fat to take off from anywhere. They took fat and moved it, but is only little difference and only at the bottom of my hips. I still have indentations on my hips. It looks like my waist is bigger than most of my hips. It only measures bigger because of my butt, but from the front I look like I indent instead of curve. I understand how much this pains women, as it pains me greatly. I have gone around wearing foam pads, but I do not want to spend my life feeling like a cross dresser when I am a woman and not a man. Crying or Very sad So I keep looking for something to help like all of you. Next thing I will try is a filler. I read hydrogel is bad, but there is this filler used for AIDS patients who get lipoatrophy called PMMA. It isn't approved in US yet, but they use it in South America. I still think it will be a minimal difference. They always seem to be able to use these things on the butt, but for some reason they always feel like it cannot work well on the hips. But I will try anyway. One place said could make more difference from behind than from front. But people look at people from the front so I want to look like a woman from the front. I aleady look like a woman from behind simply because my butt is not flat. After the implant disaster my butt never completely went back down. I still have some pain at times and the muscle never heals. I had an mri once for a different injury and it happened to get the buttocks on film and they noted there was injury and inflamation to the area and this was like 2 years after the implants were removed. I want hips more than anything in the world so I will pretty much try anything once. I'm doing it for me and everyone else in my situation. If something works, I will let you know. I know how you feel. Sometimes I just want to cry, even when I'm at work and I sit there and feel like I will never be able to fix this one thing about myself that I hate the most about myself. I can't help but look at other women all day long thinking hips like that would be perfect for me, can't I just have that too and I know it is so unhealthy to spend each and every day feeling like this and looking at other women and being jealous and feeling embarrassed. I haven't gone to the beach in years, but I'm going this weekend because my friend wants to go, but I dread how unhappy I will be while she is standing there with hips and I am standing there hiding under I don't know what yet. Anyway, feel free to drop me a line if you have any tips or just want to wallow in misery together.
|

replied August 30th, 2007
So what's the deal with hip implants... I would marry my girl in a heartbeat if she had bigger hips because that is what really turns me on sexually? Don't want to lose this girl....
|

replied February 28th, 2008
hip implants
drag queens/m-f trannies have them done, it's being done somewhere. you can check out mexico & india, south america and anywhere in europe, but to do the research on the docs and ask someone who's had it done. it is possible, and whoever said that crap about "hip fracture" is probably a man who doesn't understand the different curvature of a woman's lower half. if a man can have them done to look like a woman, they would be more pleasing and easier to be done on a woman, even if you have straight hips from the front view. you're still a woman and have the necessary anatomy for round hips.

you might want to wait until after you have at least one child because our bodies change drastically after pregnancy, even if your straight hips get wider, you could have a better plane for implantation. it's similar to butt implants.
|

replied June 10th, 2008
Now there are surgerys (if you even want to call them that) where they install a sillicone sack into your hips that they can fill with sillicone in many diferent installments. They just pump you up and you go... the same day. Very Happy
|

replied March 6th, 2012
where do you get this done? & how often do they have to pump u up?
|

replied December 20th, 2008
Wouldn't working out help? I've seen body builders do some crazy stuff to their bodies, I bet if you built up some muscle around the hip, you'd feel a lot more confident about your body. Also, I've noticed that a lot of the time it's the contrast that counts. That is, if your waist is thin, your hips are going to look bigger and, by the same token, if you develop your lats a little bit, your waist is going to seem a lot thinner in comparison. Check out one of those bodybuilding sites and see what they have for the obliques/hip muscles. Anyway, not trying to bash on corrective surgery, but I'd definitely try exercising for a couple of months before I let people stick stuff into body. Good luck!
|

replied March 15th, 2009
Hip and Buttock Implants
Hi JenfromZen,
Did you find a solution?
Many Thank,
Stef
|

replied March 18th, 2009
I Know What You Need
I was just reading about the brazillian butt lift which is when they take fat from another area and put it in your butt or hips to give you a fuller shape.

|

replied April 26th, 2009
Same problem found something excellent
ughh
i hate my figure as well

im so square, my mom even calls me spongebob square pants!

|

replied June 7th, 2009
hips
i have the body of marilyn monroe or dita von teese. except im a size 4. but thats only my waist from the pointy part of my hip that sticks out in the front, up to my boobs. but from the parts of ur hip that stick out, i go straight down and in. it may be hard to understand. picture how an icecream cone goes down and in, then picture the top half of marilyns or dita's body from the top of the hip bone up on top of the cone.
thats me.
it is horrible finding pants that fit me properly. IT SUCKS. i probably hate my body more than anyone you will ever know.

i would love to just get part of my hip bone shaved off!!!!

that would be a better surgery. and then the excess skin from where the bone was just gets tucked or something. then i would have the smaller hip and waist like jennifer aniston. my boyfriend (and some of my guy friends lol) think im super hot and hot such a curvy hourglass shape and tell me i have the body that men like due to the fact that my hips are also really wide(birthing hips they call it and i hate it), but even though im not fat, im really fit, i still hate my hip and waist area, some clothes that would fit other people with my body type and look raelly good look HORRIBLE on me. i literally tried on 37 pairs of jeans once before i found a pair that fit me. all diffdrent brands, sizes from ddifferent stores. that why i wear tna and lululemon all the time . they are tight and fit me. but i cant wear dress pants. i hate wearing dress pants that go up to my bellybutton. its so uncomfy.
i can fit into low risers because my icecream coneishness starts above my lady part haha. at the 2 pointy parts of ur hip bone. but then from the top of the jeans, i go up and out like and inch or 2 so it looks like i have lovehandles, but really its bone and skin, there is no fat. then curve my body curves back into my waist so it looks like i have fake lovehandles so i CANT wear low risers. so like i said, until they come up with a shaveing the bone away surgery, ill stick to tna and lululemon stretch pants.
but.. at least my body looks super hot from a dignol and profile view lol. thats the only thing that keeps me from crying all the time.
|

replied June 15th, 2009
I really don't like the scars from that procedure but you can take advice any expert surgeon
|

replied June 26th, 2009
Hip Implants
I want to know if there are any ways to add hip implants also. I have beautiful shoulders, but compared to my narrow hips, I feel like a linebacker Sad I just want to balance out and can't help but be envious of all my girlfriends beautiful womanly curves...how do I look like them?
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
Alternative to Hip Implant
What you guys need is Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty ("fat modeling"), LIPOSCULPTURE suction lipectomy or simply lipo ("suction-assisted fat removal") is a cosmetic surgery operation that removes fat from many different sites on the human body. Areas affected can range from the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, to the neck, backs of the arms and elsewhere and the fat is then transfered to places where you want them like your butt or your hips. It is a form of body contouring. Prices range anywhere from $4,000 to $7,000.
|

replied September 11th, 2009
Hip Implant
I absolutely hate my body. I have no hips, my waist curves just fine, and then once it gets to the point where my hips SHOULD be, they indent. This makes me really self conscious. I just bought these cool high wasted shorts and they don't look as good as they would if i had actual hips. I CANNOT wait until someone figures out a way to give people like me the feminine figure they want, and safely. Until then I will loathe my body, as well as God for making me this way.
|

replied January 10th, 2010
hip implants
im 21 and have the same problem, iv tried all sorts to try to balance out my lack of hips, if i lose a lot of weight i lose my boobs, bum and waist and look my boy shaped, but if i put on weight i have big boobs a bum and a small waist still but this in turn makes my lack of hips even more noticable. where most women curve out level with there 'foofy' i have an indent. i like the idea of having fat taken from the rest of my body and place there as this seems the least intrusive. if the butt implant is possible, do that but to my hips!!!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar