Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

High Blood Pressure 190/110

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
Hi there,
Im writing this for my grandmother, she's 67 yo, she has high blood pressure 190/110, went to the doctor did the test. The test resulted with normal cholesterol and the doctor gave her these medicines to take Lisinopril and Atenolol. She is under therapy with these medicines for two weeks but no result the blood pressure is still the same! She's stopped taking salt and saturated fat.

What would you advice?
Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Veronicca
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
BP meds can take time to work, up to one full month to take effect.

Grapefruit juice will interact with meds, so she should not use this.

There are other medications she can take, if those do not work. Give them some time though.
|

replied August 9th, 2007
Steps For Lowering Hbp
If you're grandmother is already taking medicine for high blood pressure and has also made modificatoins to her diet, then i would REALLY recommend adding Resperate to her steps. Being hypertensive myself, I discovered this great device a few months ago. They have a awesome website and great support team. From reading their testimonials and checking out their forum, i knew it had to be good. Well, 2 months in using it, i have to say it is GREAT! I'm beyond excited that i didnt have to introduce meds into my routine. All it is is breathing. It's a breathing exercise done 4 times a week for 15 mintes at a time. I REALLY think you should check it out.
Veronicca
|

replied August 16th, 2007
Re: Steps For Lowering Hbp
Veronicca : I have to agree with you on how great this device is , I was on so much medication my hair was falling out... And the dosages never went down only up Sad At that point I was beside my self, One day while looking online for some all natural hair growth shampoo I came across Dr.Weil article on an all natural way of lowering high blood pressure After just 4 weeks of use, it went down to 154/82. When I went to my doctor, her jaw nearly dropped.
I now have a much better quality of life Thanks to resperate two months of use every other evening for 15 minutes, my pressure readings are averaging 118/68. In addition to lowering my pressure, I am deeply relaxed after my sessions and look forward to them and no more hair lose
|

replied August 21st, 2007
Great Resperate Alternative
I agree totally with slow breathing to lower blood pressure. I tried everything and only slow breathing finally solved my problem completely without any drugs or even any other natural remedies.
But Resperate is not the only choice and many people find it very annoying. I know I did. There's a great alternative called Breatheasy that uses the same slow breathing method combined with relaxing music. It's not only more enjoyable but way cheaper too. Very Happy
|

replied September 6th, 2007
Slow Breathing to Lower Bp
I agree that resperate is a bit more hefty on the price tag, however at just $299.00 I'd rather pay that than the monthy costs of medication. Also, I really like the Dr Weil relax tapes. I actually take them into the car with me for my long commute to work. That's the only downside to my resperate, I can't use it while driving...it would be counter-productive. Also, the resperate does the thinking for you by totally guiding you through the breathing exercise.
Veronicca
|

replied March 11th, 2009
Continous high blood pressure
what is the cause of a blood pressure level that does not come down even when taking two medications.
|

replied March 13th, 2009
Dear Arra,
If you're grandmother is already taking medicine for high blood pressure and has also made modificatoins to her diet, then i would REALLY recommend adding Resperate to her steps. Being hypertensive myself, I discovered this great device a few months ago. They have a awesome website and great support team. From reading their testimonials and checking out their forum, i knew it had to be good. Well, 2 months in using it, i have to say it is GREAT! I'm beyond excited that i didnt have to introduce meds into my routine. It's a breathing exercise done 4 times a week for 15 mins at a time. I REALLY think you should check it out.
4 years later & I am STILL using it!! So is my 69 year old father!!!! Give it a try =)
Veronicca
|

replied March 13th, 2009
Continous high blood pressure
Branjos,
You may just be one of those unlucky people who have stubborn High Blood Pressure! You should really look into the resperate to help bring your numbers to a more controllable level. I did & i am SO glad I did! I even got my father one (he is 69 yrs old) It's a little live saver!
Good Luck!
Veronicca
|