Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Does My Girlfriend Have Some Sort of Disorder? Re: Body Hair

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I never realized until about 2 weeks ago how much body hair my girlfriend has, and I found it kind of odd.

Anytime I see her, she looks fine because she waxes and shaves her legs, arms, and face often.

The only hair that was visible before was some "baby hair" around her chin and neck but it was really light and small so you couldn't notice it. As well, I found it weird that she had some hair around her breast area too but not much. It didn't bother me at all.

But I saw her a while back and she was wearing some really short shorts, and I noticed that I could see hair under her shorts if they moved up a bit. So i'm guessing she doesn't wax/shave around the butt area because she can't and because its not like anyone would be able to see it anyways...

Also, she was wearing a dress one time and I happened to peak under and noticed a lot of hair around her crotch area and whatnot.

We haven't had sex yet... But do you think she could possibly have some sort of hair growth disorder where she grows too much of it in a lot of places? Does race/ethnicity have anything to do with it? Shes of Indian (South Asian) descent.

To be honest, i'm in love with her and shes EXTREMELY beautiful and this doesn't bother me, but i'm just wondering whats up with this because I can't and shouldn't be asking her personally. I'm just wondering if she would be embarassed to reveal it when it comes time for sex or if she would just try to shave or something.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well i myself are a very hairy woman too Sad I hate it, and i have to even use that facial nair on my face. I don't know why, and i too would love a reason why, and is there a way to get rid of it forever? lol
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Indian women do tend to be hairier I have found. I am half Indian and have a little more hair than I am happy with. I have quite hairy arms which I don't mind too much, hair on my upper lip which I remove and hair on my lower back which I hate, however no one has ever complained about it and I find some guys just stroke it, its a bit odd...
Some women are hairier than others, just like some men are. From what you say it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with your girlfriend. If you love her (as you say) it doesn't matter. Remember to tell her she is beautiful!! Very Happy
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Hollyberries wrote:
Well i myself are a very hairy woman too Sad I hate it, and i have to even use that facial nair on my face. I don't know why, and i too would love a reason why, and is there a way to get rid of it forever? lol

It's genetics, that's why. I have a lot of hait but got very lucky in that it is so pale I don't have to deal with it.

My mother "dealt" with her facial hair for years by shaving it, but of course it just got darker and darker. She's finally got to get laser treatment done!!

With laser treatment, they zap he hair follicles so they die. Dead follicles means no hair. It's a permanent, safe solution. It is expensive though, so it's most cost-effective used in small areas.
|

replied August 8th, 2007
To be completely honest I am a 18 year old girl that is a bit hairy then she would like. I have a little bit of a "happy tail" i dont no if thats the name the doctors would use but thats what me and my friend refer to it. Then i got in on my upper lip and so on. I go so a laser treatment for my face because i have been made fun of it for years. If anyone is interested you should look into it. Its kind of expensive and a little painful but it helps out alot.
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well, excessive body hair can signify a hormone imbalance. But it can also be perfectly normal.

It sounds normal to me. She probably just doesn't shave her genital area, like many women don't. That area seems more hairy than you would think, because all we see in society now is hairless.
|

replied August 13th, 2007
I don't know, from what you described she doesn't sound excessively hairy. I was expecting from your title to hear she was covered head to toe or something.
Women are hairy!! I'm the fairest, palest blonde you will ever see and I have hair everywhere, upper lip, chin, etc. Lots of women have hair on their breasts, assuming you mean the nipple area and not "chest hair." Pubic hair can be unruly even on a women who doesn't get hair anywhere else. I prefer to wax, but maybe it doesn't bother her.
|

replied August 16th, 2007
Experienced User
Thanks for the replies. Very Happy

I was just a little curious.
|

replied July 18th, 2011
I think Indian women are quite beautiful and especially if they are natural and let their hair show. Be proud of your look. I love a natural Indian women who lets her thick bush grow. No reason to trim. Just as many women tell me they love the forest of hair I have on my chest, many men love your natural hair. GSCVA
|