Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Do I Have Multiple Sclerosis?

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Hi. Just worried incase I may have this disease.

My symptoms are.....everytime I get out of the bath I feel very weak and sometimes sick.

When I do some energetic stuff, such as playing sports I feel very weak and have a migrane after it with affected vision.

Also, when I go to do some labour work, I get really tired really quick and start to become really weak.

Is this MS or Unfitness?

I know im Unfit, I can say that for sure lol, but MS? I'm not sure + worried.

Questions I have are, the MS Attacks....when do they actually happen? Does something trigger them or can they happen any time?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2007
Re: Do I Have Multiple Sclerosis?
life_sucks wrote:
Hi. Just worried incase I may have this disease.

My symptoms are.....everytime I get out of the bath I feel very weak and sometimes sick.

When I do some energetic stuff, such as playing sports I feel very weak and have a migrane after it with affected vision.

Also, when I go to do some labour work, I get really tired really quick and start to become really weak.

Is this MS or Unfitness?

I know im Unfit, I can say that for sure lol, but MS? I'm not sure + worried.

Questions I have are, the MS Attacks....when do they actually happen? Does something trigger them or can they happen any time?

MS relapses or "attacks" can come on at anytime without warning. Heat does exacerbate MS symptoms, but usually does not cause an "attack". For instance, I was diagnosed with MS because I developed Optic Neuritis (ON). I lost most of the vision in my right eye for about 9 months. Since then my vision has mostly returned, but does get blurry when I get over heated. By that I mean when my body temperature increases like as in playing sport, like you said. Not that I get out and play sports much. (: It is recommended to avoid getting overheated if you have MS. But I wouldn't say that your symptoms would point directly toward MS. Have you seen a physician regarding your symptoms?

You may just be getting dehydrated from the heat. Do you drink fluids and take rest breaks during your activities? That may help.

Have you had any other symptoms such as numbness or tingling in your arms and legs, or your hands and feet? Do you get the headaches at any other times, when you are not getting overheated or doing strenuous activities?

Thinking about those things may help you get a better understand of what is going on. In the meantime, try to stay hydrated and take rest periods when you are doing something strenuous or are outside in the heat for a long period of time.

Keep in touch! - T
|

replied November 9th, 2007
Dont Be Silly!!!!!!!!!!
Get a grip mate!! MS really hurts! I've got it. gettin out the bath love you are taking the p*ss now! You only live once enjoy what you've got and don't think about what you might have.
|