Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Blood In Semen

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
can i just ask how long it should take for the brown color of sperm to go away, i ask as i have noticed this color, nearly 2 weeks ago, and noticed it recently,
i got it after a night of rough sex, and it has not gone since, i have masterbated a lot before this night, 2-3 times a week (is that normal?)
my doctor has said he thinks it will go away, i'm 23 by the way.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well, I would trust your doctor on this one. They often know what they're talking about. But if it goes on longer than you think it should, and your doctor just brushes it off, then go find a second opinion.
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your doctor is right; blood in the semen usually goes away on its own. I am not really sure how long it usually takes to clear up though. You might be able to call your doctor's office and ask how long you should wait.

More information on blood in the semen: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/ar ticle/003163.htm
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-in- semen/AN00311

There is nothing wrong with masturbating two or three times a week.
|

replied August 14th, 2007
Re: Blood In Semen
bookingform wrote:
can i just ask how long it should take for the brown color of sperm to go away, i ask as i have noticed this color, nearly 2 weeks ago, and noticed it recently,
i got it after a night of rough sex, and it has not gone since, i have masterbated a lot before this night, 2-3 times a week (is that normal?)
my doctor has said he thinks it will go away, i'm 23 by the way.

I had this a few years ago and was frankly terrified. I never thought I'd be able to go to the doctor with anything to do with that area but boy did I go on that occasion ? He assured me that it was actually no more serious than a nose bleed and that unless it continued over an extended period there was really no cause for any concern.
|

replied April 8th, 2014
I had this, and I know that masturbating also aggravates the uretha and prolongs healing. You should abstain from masturbation and any sexual intercourse for 3 weeks max. After 3 weeks it should be back to normal. Trust me on this one.
|

replied April 8th, 2014
I had this, and I know that masturbating also aggravates the uretha and prolongs healing. You should abstain from masturbation and any sexual intercourse for 3 weeks max. After 3 weeks it should be back to normal. Trust me on this one.
|