Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Spots on Foot: HIV related?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hello guys, I know you are gong to tell me to go get tested but let me run some things by you. I have to give you my sexual history to explane my worries. I am 33 and stated haveing sex at 17. from when i was 17 to 21 i have sex with about 15 woman. only 2 unprotected and one the condom broke on me. Went I turn 21 i found the girl i wanted to wed. I always used condom when i had sex with her. We decided to get married but first to make sure ther was no hiv in our systems. We did not goto the health department but gave blood through red cross(cause we did not think we had anything). they told us that they checked blood for several things including hiv and if infected by anything, they would send a letter informing you. I had not had not had sex with anyone in right at 6 months after about 2 months we both recived our doner cards and no letters saying you have anything. this was in 1996 so we married. in 2006 we seperated. I had sex with 2 women and touched another in that time. i used condoms every time. now we are back togheter. I actually put my finger into the vigia on all three of them. i never though of trasmfition from that before. now i have about 13 small black non raised spots on my foot. I am scared that It is ks. I have not been tested yet but how long would it take to develope ks, my mind is going crazy, is there anything esle that could cause black/brown spots on my foot? the are kind of faint and look like they are faiding and the size of pees and about 5 on the other. do ks leigions disapeer or are they there for good? the wife has been tested and negative. would a wound or cut on a finger have to be fresh to transmit? what is the time line for fresh. i do not think i had a cut, but you never know about a hang nail. or do you think it could be something from back in 1996? what is better the home test or just going to the doctor? thanks any thing to help calm my nerver before
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Scared Mind Going Nuts
dirtyleft wrote:
Hello guys, I know you are gong to tell me to go get tested but let me run some things by you. I have to give you my sexual history to explane my worries. I am 33 and stated haveing sex at 17. from when i was 17 to 21 i have sex with about 15 woman. only 2 unprotected and one the condom broke on me. Went I turn 21 i found the girl i wanted to wed. I always used condom when i had sex with her. We decided to get married but first to make sure ther was no hiv in our systems. We did not goto the health department but gave blood through red cross(cause we did not think we had anything). they told us that they checked blood for several things including hiv and if infected by anything, they would send a letter informing you. I had not had not had sex with anyone in right at 6 months after about 2 months we both recived our doner cards and no letters saying you have anything. this was in 1996 so we married. in 2006 we seperated. I had sex with 2 women and touched another in that time. i used condoms every time. now we are back togheter. I actually put my finger into the vigia on all three of them. i never though of trasmfition from that before. now i have about 13 small black non raised spots on my foot. I am scared that It is ks. I have not been tested yet but how long would it take to develope ks, my mind is going crazy, is there anything esle that could cause black/brown spots on my foot? the are kind of faint and look like they are faiding and the size of pees and about 5 on the other. do ks leigions disapeer or are they there for good? the wife has been tested and negative. would a wound or cut on a finger have to be fresh to transmit? what is the time line for fresh. i do not think i had a cut, but you never know about a hang nail. or do you think it could be something from back in 1996? what is better the home test or just going to the doctor? thanks any thing to help calm my nerver before

Lots of people get tested at the doctor. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable. I think that everytime something happens to you you'r going to think that youhave HIV or AIDs. So, you have got to find out at some point or another. Just go to the doctor. Update us!
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
If you got to your doctor, what is he going to do? He will ask you to get the test done. Once this happens, and if you go using your health insurance, it will be on records and life insurance companies, and employers, etc will find it out.

So you loose.

If on the other hand you got thru these agents (there are more of them, google and you will find), then you are protected from that. Weather you are +ive or -ive.

Make sense?
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
Due to the nature of HIV and its slow progression in the majority of patients, you are always going to wonder if you have HIV even if these lesions disappear. Sure, your history increases your chance of having HIV, but then again it only takes one time with the right person to push someone elses chance of HIV right past yours. The only solution for your sanity would be to get checked and with todays privacy you would be fine. I'm not exactly sure I would wage life against insurance policies and the fact that you wanted to get checked will not raise your premiums. I work in the Emergency Room and if I went for an HIV test because of a splatter or stick my insurance would not increase.

However, even if it would I wouldn't let that hold me back from peace of mind and treatment. There are wonderful agents these days that make living with HIV "enjoyable" and comfortable in final stages. Though, people with HIV are living much longer.

Good luck to you bud, hope you get peace of mind soon.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I recommend going to a doctor or STD clinic since most at home tests are not FDA approved.
|

replied August 22nd, 2009
i just been thru that like 7 times i neva cheated on my husband but he did on me so its scary to go but i rather know before i walk around with that oh by tha way it came back NEGATIV
|