Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Warm And Wet Feelings In My Head (Page 1)

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have had sinus problems lately so this might be related to it, but sometimes when I get headaches I also feel a warm and/or wet sensation. It almost feels like warm water has dripped unto my scalp but there is no water and my scalp is not really wet. This feeling goes mostly from the middle front half of my head to the side to around my ears. Could I actually be feeling sinus drainage or could this be something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper WickedGurl
|

replied April 2nd, 2004
Warm And Wet Feelings In My Head
I have the same feelings in my head every day...Its the strangest feeling...Almost like my brain is bleeding a little....It feels so weird... I had a few mri's and all that they found was a venous angioma in my right cerebellar hemisphere and told me that it is like having a vericose vein in my head...Im not sure if it is related...The doctors told me not to worry about it...Even though all that I have read says that they are more serious when they are in the cerbellar region... I get that liitle trickly feeling too, I do not know what it is.... So sick of reading about all these weird feelings I get in my head...It scares me good luck
|

replied April 13th, 2004
Burning Feeling And Pressure In My Head..help
I also have this awful burning feeling in my head. It starts in the back of my head and radiates up as the day progresses. I also have a slight ringing in my ears. This has been going on for 4 weeks now. I had an mri about 10 months ago for migraines and everything was ok. I had a bout with vertigo...That was really nasty. Throwing up and everything spinning. Thank god that only lasted an hour or so. This buring feeling and pressure (like a band around my head) is driving me crazy. Help!
|

replied April 13th, 2005
Has anyone found out what this may have been from? I have very similar symptoms but haven't been able to find anything out from my doctors.
|

replied September 16th, 2005
Wet Feeling In Head
I have the same thing and have been searching for what causes this! I get a wet feeling on top of my head sometimes. I don't have a clue what causes it but it drives me nuts! My doctor suggested it is a form of a miagrane. But I have no pain at all, so??? Any thoughts? Did anyone get any information on this? Please share! :?
|

replied September 19th, 2005
I have the same feeling, even though it is usually a wet, cold feeling.

I have been to several doctors. It could be a migrane, and some people interpret the tingling feeling as watery feeling, which is what two doctors have told me. It is so spooky and so weird, but I feel a little more reassured that if it was something really terrible, vision would be affected.

This has been going on for three years for me, off and on dripping of water on my head. I am going to another Dr. Tomorrow.

Has anyone found anything out?
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
i have the same thing going on, i am wondering if could be from drinking coffee, i notice it more when i'm drinking coffee, i've had this for years( that i can remember).have gone to doctor, only to be laughed at and labeled as crazy, they've had me filling out papers about, have i thought about killing myself or do i hear voices or do i see things. they say they can't find any reason for this happening. i'm scared. there has to be something causing it.
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
i have the same thing going on, i am wondering if could be from drinking coffee, i notice it more when i'm drinking coffee, i've had this for years( that i can remember).have gone to doctor, only to be laughed at and labeled as crazy, they've had me filling out papers about, have i thought about killing myself or do i hear voices or do i see things. they say they can't find any reason for this happening. i'm scared. there has to be something causing it.
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
|

replied November 7th, 2005
Strange Feelings On Head
I read this post and I too have the same feeling of warm water crawling or running thru the top of my head. Has anyone found out what causes this. I had bells palsey about 4 months ago.
|

Warm And Wet Feeling In My Head
I have not discovered what it is but think a lot about ms. I have read about it and symptoms of ms - they are so varied and different from person to person that its hard to tell. But nuerological symptoms seem to be a common symptoms (again from whatt I read). It is hard to find any information specifically about a warm wet feeling in your head on the net. All I have found is people saying on forums like this one, that they are also wondering what it means. My dr said it is a type of miagrane and gave me meds for it but it did nothing for it at all. Its not in line with my period, and there seems to be nothing hormonal that brings it on. But! I would be curious to know if any men suffer from it? Its hard to know who's a female and who's a male on forums.
|

Warm Feelings In the Head
I am a 50 year female. I am going thru menopause...Just starting. I went to a neuro and he didnt even suggest a mri. He said it was caused by a virus. He did the tests on my gait and reflexes etc and that was all.
|

Hi kja...I am 35 year old female and if this is a virus it sure it lasting a long time! I wonder if it has anything to do with chronic fatigue syndrome (spelling?). I heard that is caused by a virus. I also feel like I am going through something hormonal because periods are 3 days a month instead of 7 as usual and I also am only normal (without pms) about 1 week out of month. I have seven children and heard that the change happens earlier to moms with lots of children. So does gray hair (ha ha)...Well I hope we find what this is! Do you have it all of the time? Does it ever stop? Did he say what kind of virus it could be?
|

Warm Feelings In the Head
Mine stops some but not much. It has been going on now about 2 months. I have pressure where my sinuses are too. I never really hava a so called headache. My dr and the neurologist said burning indicates nerves. Does your happen on one spot or all over? Mine just crawls all over. Mine is only the head, no extremeties. I am on a lot of blood pressure medicine too. I have read it can be related to harmones too. Nothing I take stops it. Ibuprofen will decrease the burning some though. Are you on any meds at all?
|

I am also on blood pressure meds...Have been for about 10 years now. Propranonol and zesterectic tab. The latter one has a diuretic in it. This is interesting. Maybe reading the detailed side effects on all of those bp meds is where we will find our answer..You know like on the inserts or the internet sites. My feeling is usually on the left side of my head, on top. But often in the middle. It will just "appear" out of no where and it makes me touch my head often. Even though I know there is nothing wet up there it feels like it! The first time I ever felt it, I thought my head was bleeding on top! Weird!
|

Weird Feelings
I am on hzaar that has a diuretic in it and toprol. My bp is really quite low right now. I go back to my dr in 3 weeks and I think she will cut back on some of mine. Do you ever have any type of headache with yours. I have a feeling of pressure on top of my head some too.
|

No, I never have pressure. Just a strange wet feeling. I am visiting the ms forum on this site and posting a concern and question there too. I have some other symptoms that make me wonder about ms. If I get any answers, I will share them with you.
|

Weird Feelings
Ok, thanks. What other symptoms do you have? How long has yours been going on?
|

to All
Hi to everyone,
i am a forty year old female and am intrigued by what I have just read on this site!
I have suffered from migraines for the last 25 years.
Then 5 years ago I had a brain haemorrhage and mini stroke,(all better now) but what intrigues me is this feeling that you all describe as I have something similar that i'd like to share in case it is of help to anyone..
I had been a vegetarian since my early teenage years, but turned vegan about 15 years ago after discovering lots of allergies, actually I am a wheat-free, fungus-free vegan with lots of dislikes to boot, most of my allergies have one thing in common, a migraine that usually lasts for a solid 5 days,,but each migraine is different according to what has set it off.
I get one that starts off as a tight band but has the peculiarity of having ''hot red wax '' dripping over the right back of my head,(i just know it's red ok?!) this type always scares me more than the others as it is a severe one and I am always scared that it heralds another haemorrhage, but it is always brought on by my allergy to ''eggs'' so I would just ask you all to keep a boring old food diary to see if there is any correllation between what you eat and the way your head feels, I would be very interested to know the outcome!!!
Sincerely dexi
|

Weird Feelings
Did you have these feelings b4 you had your stroke...The crawling wet feelings?
|

Yes I did have this before the head thing, but I still get it now if eggs creep into my diet....Eggs are the only foodstuff that gives me this type of head, milk, mushrooms etc all give me other types as well as rashes and psoriasis......
Not being rude but have to go as library going to thro' me out!!!!! Good luck to all will check site tomorrow!!! Dexi
|

Kja...I have others symptoms and list them as this: strange visual things described as white cob webs forming in corner of left eye, outer corner, that is. Its a strange sort of sensation in the eye that goes a long with it. Never any pain. Right now, my left hand pinky is tingling but doesn't get in the way of typing. I also am very forgetful. I have sort of been this way for all my life, I believe I have add. Not the hyper kind. I am an artist, so focusing on what I want to, such as painting, sculpting etc, actually is quite good, but focussing on things I don't like I actually can't even seem to get a firm grip on (like balancing check book, remembering to pay bills, etc). I've always just felt sort of spacey. But its so much worse now and has been for about 2 years. I'm so afraid to get tested for ms. But I feel I must soon. I have seven children so I need to be responsible. Oh! Another symptom if I have not said is that my hair is falling out. Its just getting thinner is all, really.
|

Weird Feelings
Have you had your thyroid checked? And your b-12. I know I have read both of them affecting the hair issue. Are you sure with 7 kids you arent just pulling it out...Lol! Hormone changes cause the hair issue as well.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska