Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Lump Near My Urethral Opening

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
about a week ago i noticed that it hurt to wipe after urinating, but it does not hurt to pee. The area to the left of the urethral opening was swollen and hard and was sore. I went to my gyno for my yearly on 8/3/07 and he said it looked fine but after a couple of hours later a small lump appeared again. Am I going crazy or was he not looking not looking in the right place. If I can see the lump and so can my husband why couldnt he
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper fritos
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Experienced User
You should go again, and try again to show it to the gyno. Sorry, that's all I can suggest.
|

replied August 7th, 2007
Experienced User
I had the same exact thing in the exact same spot. It's a cyst and you will have to get it surgically drained unless it breaks by itself. If it's what you have, be forewarned, it is extremely painful.
|

replied May 19th, 2009
i had the same problem for 3 wks but gyno suggested to see urologist. after drinking cranberry juice 1 day (more if you need to), it burst on its own (blood and other liquids, scary at first and sharp pains but ok after 1 hour, somewhat fully drained). if not, i woulda been under the knife to drain it. i feel better now and bursting was a better case scenario. i obtained antibiotics for UTI and will see urologist for more details or any more treatment.
|

replied May 19th, 2011
ok im going to try that cranberry thing im only thirteen and after i went to the bathroom i went to wipe and it hurt so i looked and it kinda looked like a ball with a tiny hole so i showed my sister and she said to look it up on here and its been helpful kinda ugh im so scared and it cant be from sex because im a virgin.
|

replied January 1st, 2012
same problem...
I am also having same problem, I thought I had a uti as it was hurtin when I peed a little at the end and hurt to wipe, I also has blood in my wee but right side of vagina towards the back waas soo swollen an painful to touch, even when I walk. I got antibiotics for the infection but the lump is still there, I've now started bleedin 2 wks early of my period. The lump isn't visible as the swelling has gone down but I can feel a hard lump when I touch it, it seems quite under the surface though.
|

replied October 31st, 2012
I'm having exactly the same problem what was the diagnosis
|

replied October 31st, 2012
Hi, we'll after my infection went but the lump stayed I went back doctors an they said it was more than likely a swollen gland. I left it a couple weeks and its now gone! Since then I've had had another uti with same problem, lump wasn't as big but definitely swollen again on one side, but again after treatments it's gone... Hope this helps? Also blood in wee could mean problem with kidneys so go doctors right away, in my case my kidneys were fine, I think with the pressure an infection in bladder caused me a bit of blood but again went once treated. Laura x
|
Quick Reply