Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Post Nephrectomy Symptoms

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I had a kidney removed 3 1/2 years ago and am left with; 1-spasms in the umbilical area that neurontin controlls,2- a pain from the rear of my incision to my mid back(i could not stand for a month after surgery), 3-a very sore rib cage, 4- worst of all the skin around the incision,45 sq in., is ultra sensitive to light touch like clothes so I have to wear lido patches.
I have had epidurals, nerve blocks, been on methadone and anti depressant remeron and now only take the neurontin as the others disturbed my psyche. Getting off the methadone was to hell and back. I am in constant distress.
Is there something i've missed trying besides acupuncture hypnosis and all those desperate maybes or am I just going to grin and bear it? At least I got it(rcc) at 60 so my entire life was not ruined.
Thanx for listening
pete
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I would suggest you consider herbal & homeopathic remedies, re the latter there's a dr i've seen post on these forums a homeopath I recall there's apost from him with contact details under suggestions for new forums - title homeopathic medicine - if you're really in pain & I agree that getting off all those meds was a great idea, i'd check this guy out. He's in india but could advise you if there's anything that homeopathy might be able to do to help.
|

replied March 20th, 2004
Nephrectomy
Thank you for the referral; i'll try to ocate the Dr. From india.
Pete
|

replied March 16th, 2010
I had undergone hypnotherapy treatment for my severe leg pain. I believe it will definitely relieve the pain.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Harpreet Singh