Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Aching Buttocks And Weary Legs

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me. Iv been to two doctors who shake their heads and say they are baffled when I tell them my symptoms. The last doctor has booked me in for a brain and back scan. I started with this one year ago, but in the last 6 weeks Iv been having these episodes about once a week. I am feeling fine, then suddenly I get a tingling in my buttocks,feeling as though my bottom is on fire, followed quickly by an ache in both buttocks, which spreads to both my legs. My legs feel weak and like jelly. Iv tried walking it off, but the pain in my bottom just wont go, until I sit down, then I usually feel fine again after about 5 minutes. I have had lower back pain for a long time, but it isnt unbearable, just a nuisance. I dont feel backache though when I get the pain in my bottom and legs. This feeling only comes on when I am walking or standing, it hasnt happened when Iv been sitting or lying down. I had a slipped disc years ago when I was in my 20's and Im now aged 53, and other than this, I feel healthy. Thanks for reading this. Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 4th, 2007
I have that feeling often and according to my doc it is related to the compressed discs and nerves that come out of the face of the discs at L4, L5, L5S1. It aches bad but doesnt hurt much, but the ache is enough to make me want to cut off the lower half of my body and throw it out the window. I also have the accompaning numbness and tingling in my lower left leg.
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2007
Aching Buttocks And Weary Legs
Smile Thank you very much for answering Comalhk, I appreciate it, and Ill sleep more soundly tonight knowing Im not the only person to experience these feelings. Im going to see another doctor tomorrow and I shall mention that it may be a compressed disc. Im sorry you have the same, and I wish you well. Youve been very helpful, thank you again.
|

replied March 1st, 2010
butt pain
i've been sleeping on an airbed lately, and i got the same pain, in buttocks moving to tingling sensation in legs, i got an mri about three months prior, they told me i had a lower spin condition similar to the one mentioned of discs coming together
|

replied March 1st, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
HI
WHAT KIND OF DR DID YOU SEE. DID HE GIVE YOU A TREATMENT PLAN?......PETE
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2010
Hi, I posted the original question and just wanted to say that after having various tests, the doctors didnt know what caused it, and Im happy to say I havent had one of these 'episodes' for 9 months.
|

replied May 11th, 2011
I have had a spinal fusion and then had A spinal stimulator put in and now I have this tingling in my butt.I told the doc about it and he put me on lyrica and it seems to help.
|

replied November 26th, 2011
sore butt
I have had lower back pain about 2 months ago. I went to a chiropractor and told him about the achey feeling i get in my buttocks. He said my pelvic bone was turned. So i went to a few sessions. I did not seem to help. I do alot of walking with my job and i get a achey feeling in my buttocks and i don't know what it could be. I recently went to my doctor and he told me i i had shingles and i thought that may be the reason i had these symtoms. I wish someone could let me know what i could do or what doc to see to get help
|

replied March 19th, 2012
painfull legs
hi ive have burning tingling an pain in my butt an legs only when i sit down wen im standing it does not hurt at all anyone else had this its been going on for 8 weeks now my doctor havent a clue i have a slightly buldging disc in my lumber spine but doctor says its not touching any nerves
|