Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Iud And Pregnant

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I have had an IUD for 6 years, it's a 10 year IUD, and now I have a terrible pain in my side so I decide to go to the dr. TWO POSITIVE preg tests. They send me to ER to have ultrasound and removal of IUD immediately. And blood work, positive also for pregnancy. If I am pregnant it is less than 5 weeks. Everyone is thinking ectopic. I don't feel pregnant. I do have an enlarged cyst on my ovary that I can definately feel the pain from, but I am not feeling "pregnant". I was also on my period last week so what are the odds of me being pregnant? I have some thought in my head that I have already miscarried. Has this happened to anyone who actually carried the baby to full term? Being pregnant w/ an IUD? I have two precious children and I am going to be fine either way. I find out tomorrow what my hormone levels have done in the last 48 hours. Just needed somewhere to talk about this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i know nothing about iuds, but i believe there are certain ovarian cysts that can trigger a positive test result.

let us know what you find out!
|

replied August 1st, 2007
I will know more tomorrow. I go back to the dr in the morning, they did a quantitive HCG today and will have the results tomorrow. As long as my levels are higher than they were in the ER it will be a positive pregnancy. If they are the same or lower they said it means that it will not be a good pregnancy and I will have to have a laparoscopy to see then remove the egg.

I just find it so odd that I am prego after 6 years of being fine. My nurse at my dr's office said that I am the 3rd case recently in their office of this. If this is so rare, how can I be the 3rd case?

I'm just a little peeved. And in a lot of pain.

Thanks for listening.
|

replied May 30th, 2009
I have had an iud for 2 years now its a 5 year one and i have been getting pains for over a year now and it gets so bad sometimes i feel like i cant move sometimes. i dont understand i do have my periods if anyone can help i would like to hear some feed back they are in my side and ovaries. im almost debating on getting it taken out its also causing sexual problems does anyone else have this problem?
|

replied June 12th, 2010
I have a 10 year iud and I too and having pains on mylower right side as well ( above my ovary) I am not sure if it is anything but yea horrible pains occur as well... It has been 5 ears since I have had my iud...I am just wondering what these pains can be? I also noticed a cyst 2 years after getting my iud...seems like cyst are very common.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2011
Blahh i have the IUD that last 10 years and iv had it for 2 years now and me and my bf got it on last week and ever since i did it with him iv been feeling sick.. HELP Shocked
|

replied April 13th, 2012
Hi,

I have had the non hormonal coil for over a year but in the past few months I have had light bleeding between periods and have a really bad pain in my right side. Has anyone else experienced this.? What could be causing it?

Thanks,

Jenny
|

replied April 14th, 2012
response to the pain with IUD
I have the 10 year IUD as well. The problem with the 10 year, is that it is non hormonal, which means you ovulate as regularly. The pain on the right side, in my experience, is ovarian cysts. When it gets so bad you cant move- it's usually a cyst rupturing. Fluid causes me to bloat, i vomit, i get a fever, and im sure many women have this issue as well.

I experience light bleeding or spotting in between periods when i exercise or exert energy physically. Im not sure why this happens. When i have my period, i bleed heavily. REALLY heavily, and it is absolutely unbearable. For this, i take a muscle relaxer in combination with a pain killer.

I dont know if this helps- But yeah.
|

replied May 17th, 2012
well i'v had the iud for over a year (its the ten year one)and i missed my period so i took over five pregnancy test an they all came out positive.....Well turns out to be iam pregnant!!! Not only that but its something complicated because at first they couldnt take the iud out because the baby was right on the iud...well now the baby has over passed it and im getting it removed tomorrow but its still a 50% i might have a miscarege but trust the pain of having an iud and being pregnant sucks.....people who want to or plan to get the iud beware and its not a good method to proctive yourself its painful and you will eventually end up pregnant...
|

replied June 3rd, 2012
How far along were u when u found out ur pregnant? I hAve a Dr approach Monday but growing impatient
|

replied October 7th, 2012
Iud
Hi I've had the iud for 2 years now and I've had my period regularly but just recently I started spotting really brown and thick and it smells really bad . I have a pain on my back like my ribs and I'm super sleepy I'm freaking out I afraid I could be pregnant
|

replied January 26th, 2013
I have had my iud for about two years I've had pregnancy symptoms before with my iud in but not like I'm having right now it's super super bad ( crying back pain breast tenderness nausea extreme fatigue weight gain bloated) I was trying to brush it off bc last time they told me it was just my symptoms of my iud not sure what to do!!!!!!
|

replied February 16th, 2013
Hi everyone,
I have just had my 3rd IUD fitted about 2.5months agao and I am the lucky 20% that does not have periods.
I was super scared to have the 3rd one taken out ad a new one put in as i remember the 2nd one killing me to the point of 3 nurses holding me down.
The 3rd one hurt coming out so much i nearly got up and said "no more"
She found it hard to fit the new one in and i lost a lot of blood ;(
She then told me i have a slight twisted whome.
The last two i had gave me slight pains every now and again "sharp stabbing pains" also my left side is painful every now and again. I have done research after research and pain like this is normal for the IUD.
If you are worried you should get it checked out.
Apart from that, the IUD is amazing!
|

replied July 9th, 2013
Ive had the paragard iud for going on 9 months...i had it placed 2 months after my 2Nd c section. Everything has been great and going normal up until about a month ago..Last month i was late finally came bled about three days I also was having period like symptoms....this is not normal for me..even with the iud my periods are regular and heavy...now this month my period is due hasnt come and im very ill...i dont know what is happening anyone else experienced this? Im having nausea diahrrea sore breast back ache side pain pull in tummy cramping sleepy all the time extc...i also have a terrible pain in the back of my vagina..
|

replied July 9th, 2013
Pregnancy not period*
|