Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Scared About Thinking Anorexic

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Recently my mindset when it comes to my body isnt correct. I havent drastically lost weight or anything and i still consider myself physically a healthy person but my head isnt in the right place. I dont want to talk to the people around me about this problem because i dont feel i can trust them enough.

I dont know how to deal with this because although i recognise the “anorexic” way of thinking wont do me any good i dont know how to move away from it. Does anybody have any ideas as to how i can fix myself without having therapy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Hey darling, this is exactly how i started. PLEASE try your hardest not to fall into the horrors of having an eating disorder! Everytime you look in the mirror, you need to tell yourself of beautiful you are... don't get consumed in this. If it comes down to it, therapy would be worth it to skip the trouble in the long run. Trust me dear. PM me ANYTIME you need anything please. :] Best of luck to you..
|

replied August 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Scared About Thinking Anorexic
gabrielle505 wrote:
Recently my mindset when it comes to my body isnt correct. I havent drastically lost weight or anything and i still consider myself physically a healthy person but my head isnt in the right place. I dont want to talk to the people around me about this problem because i dont feel i can trust them enough.

I dont know how to deal with this because although i recognise the “anorexic” way of thinking wont do me any good i dont know how to move away from it. Does anybody have any ideas as to how i can fix myself without having therapy?

I was anorexic for several years before I became bulemic. bulemia is a way out of anorexia if you dont get a proff help. I also did not trust anyone around me, put otherwise, I was ashamed. Anyway, my family liked the way looked, honestly a to model look is cool, but if beeing sick is not cool. Now I wish I had shouted SOS rather then gone through all this by myself. It took me too much time to get where I am now. I am no longer bulemic but have BED still.

If you still want to combat your symptoms lonely, try to eat healthy and weigh yourself every second day and analize what makes you thinner or thicker. We all want to be beautiful and let us be so EDfree.

best
|