Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Could This Be Migraine Related ?

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi, I just found this forum today so this is my first post.

I am just now wondering if some of my symptoms could be mirgaine related. It all started about 15 yrs. ago. I began having spells of visual disturbances, smelling weird things, ears ringing, and my head feeling a bit spacy. These spells didnt seem to correlate with anything, sometimes I would get them alot, other times it could be many months in between. One time I got all these visual auras with ear ringing, then my vision started blackening until all I could see was a teeny area right smack in front of me. I couldnt see anything to the sides. I went to an eye doctor who found my vision to be perfect. However, he thought it might be neurological related, or maybe migraines without headaches. But I had no insurance then so never followed up on it. But i still had these episodes on & off over the years. I've also had bouts of sudden, unexplained nausea and vomiting without other symptoms. Now i'm wondering if this could somehow be related. Just recently, I began having severe sun sensitivity in my eyes. I went outside and all of a sudden I couldnt take the light, my eyes started watering as if I were bawling. I couldnt even take the light off my computer screen, so I wore sunglasses. This lasted about a week. I went out to dinner and all of a sudden I felt weird, but unexplainable. I took one bite of salad, and I'm sure it didnt even reach my stomach yet and the horrible nausea started. I had to run quick to the bathroom and vomited like crazy. Then my head felt spacy and I became very sleepy. Even had a hard time waking up the next morning. Just felt odd for about 2 days. The other day I got another bout of nausea and eye sensitity and my ears rang. Sometimes i get all these symptoms together, other times it might just be vomiting or ear ringing or auras, etc.

I never thought about it before......but is it possible all these symptoms could be related? Even though they dont always happen together? And could it be migraine related, even tho I dont get the headaches?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
To be honest, your symptoms seem to be more serious than a migraine. I'd look into it with a neurologist. Do you have insurance now?
|
Did you find this post helpful?