Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Big Booty, Big Back Pain! (Page 1)

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
In the media and TV MTV, BET it is really popular to have a larger butt. A big round booty. Well that is what I have, as a little girl I looked like a little chunky duck waddling around with a big round butt behind me. I got a lot of nicknames from family and they still stick till today. Now I got taller thinned out a little but still have a huge butt! I am about a B cup and a have a reasonably small waste and a huge big butt with large thighs. I have felt athletic my whole life playing all the sports as a young girl but now this last softball year I notice some pain. Running to bases I got a sharp pain in my back and since then it has continued to bug! Some times when I walk a lot all day I feel pains in my lower back. I feel my butt shaking a lot and wigging when I walk I feel very self conscious about it and don’t like people behind me. I try to tighten my butt muscles when I walk and it reduces the bouncing a little. However at the end of the day no matter what it seems like my back is in pain. This last year my butt has gotten even bigger my hips wider and I finally got into a B cup rather then my A cup! Whoo Hooo! I need a lot to balance out my shape thought. Could my big butt be causing me back problems? Has anyone ever even heard of that?

Please let me know…
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
Anyone Out There With This Issue?
I hope someone replies! Has anyone ever had back pain because their Butt was too big for their frame? Can not being balance or proportionate cause this? Is there any exercises that I can do to reduce this issue?

Let me know!

Jess
|

replied July 1st, 2012
High waist and large butt causing lower back pain.
I have also suffered with the same problem. I'm am 5'3" and have very long legs and a short torso and always had a huge butt, hips and thighs. My waist was always small as well as my top. I was definitely pear shaped and had no lower back. When I was standing I would sometimes cross my arms behind my back and rest them on my butt. When I sat down everything spread out and my butt cheeks would push up into my lower back. Basically, my butt hung out of every pair of pants I wore.
I recently lost about 50lbs and for the first time in almost 20 years I can actually feel my lower back without having to press hard into one of my butt cheeks. The length and depth of my stretch marks as well as the discoloration of my skin shows just how large my butt used to be. Unfortunately,now when I sit down my back hurts even more, because of all the excess skin that rolls up into my lower back.
|

replied July 30th, 2007
Experienced User
Your back pain could be structural or muscular related. I doubt it's nervous.

Get an xray, just to make sure you don't have scoliosis or any other spinal cord abnormality, and then maybe get a CT scan and an MRI to make sure that all the finer details of the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves are in good shape.

I would recommend seeing a physical therapist and getting evaluated for general muscle strength... and then getting exercise recommendations to strengthen the weaker muscles in your your lower back and thighs.

And in all honesty - it's very unlikely for a Sir-Mix-A-Lot approved booty to be causing such pain. It is most likely muscle weakness in some parts, caused by strengthening of muscles in other parts due to your sport. Mental conditions such as anxiety and depression can cause unexplained back pain too, but hopefully you don't have any of those.
|

replied July 30th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Big Booty, Big Back Pain!
ThickGirlJM wrote:
In the media and TV MTV, BET it is really popular to have a larger butt. A big round booty. Well that is what I have, as a little girl I looked like a little chunky duck waddling around with a big round butt behind me.

I think that is just an excuse for the doctors when they don't find anything else to be the cause for the pains. For me they said the cause for pains is between my ears: I only imagine them! And according to a studies they tell that reason a lot to their patients. Or some other excuses. They just don't understand what is the most common reason for back pains...

I interviewed a patient for a year ago and her story was published. It became a war: She had back pains, breathing problems, depression and many other probles. Doctors told her all problems are because of her big breasts! And the she was forced to a surgery to get her boobs smaller.

After surgery no help! Then, after yers of suffering, she found help from traditional bone setter treatment: She had SIJD: bot SIJs subluxated and because of that extended lordosis on lumbar spine and extendes kyfosis in thoraxis spine and all the facet joints locked because of that many tight deep muscles and pinched nervous cahnnels. That was the reason for her problems, not big boobs!!! Doctors just saw something big and reacted!

Yes I know you don't believe this, but my story is similar and I have a diagnosis and treatment explanation from a doctor, the only one doctor, perhaps the last doctor in the world, who uses SIJ manipulation as a treatment... Now-a-days doctors have been teached to describe pills..
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Thank You Soooo Much For Paying Attention!
Hey, thanks for the response! I will keep you guys posted. I looked into some liposuction (dreaming $$$) however, I came to the conclusion that not all of my butt is fat so it wont make too much of a difference. If I get it reduced it is likely that my butt will still be huge compared to my frame due to my build. I do get a lot of movment and jiggle however when i walk or jump and that is anoying. I have a habit of flexing my butt when I walk to tighten and reduses movenment and jiggle. I wonder if doing this is building up my muscles through off the balance? Anyway my measurements are 32B – 26- 50, I have always had an abnormally large butt and thighs so you can imaging finding jeans is almost impossible even the "apple bottoms" and "baby phats" are too tight on my butt and too loose in the waist, so its not like I am “FAT” since I have a small waist. I have to have my mom adjust all of my waist lines. Being in highschool was not easy you can imaging the comments I got, and one of the most emberessing thing is that I can fit in all of the chairs espesially with the arm rests they pinch the sides of my butt/hips. Anotherthing is if I meet someone while I am sitting like at a resturant or at the cafeteria and then later I get up they are like WOW your butt is huge, some seem to like it and some don't talk to me anymore. Anyway now moving into college I have a chance to play some serious softball and maybe end up the next Jenny Finch! Thank you for letting me talk about this here it makes a big difference and what exersized should I look into to balance out my frame more? and how does this work, not being balance?
|

replied June 13th, 2012
Hi deadlifts and lat pulldowns are exercises you should focus on to balance out your frame. My wife also has a very large bubble butt and a small frame and sometimes gets back pain because her spine curves in for balance. I'm actually getting her to bulk her butt up because I love it so much. Don't lose weight your a true thick girl. Remember, bones are for the dog, meat is for the man. Stay looking great.
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Big Booty, Big Back Pain!
ThickGirlJM wrote:
In the media and TV MTV, BET it is really popular to have a larger butt. A big round booty. Well that is what I have, as a little girl I looked like a little chunky duck waddling around with a big round butt behind me. I got a lot of nicknames from family and they still stick till today. Now I got taller thinned out a little but still have a huge butt! I am about a B cup and a have a reasonably small waste and a huge big butt with large thighs. I have felt athletic my whole life playing all the sports as a young girl but now this last softball year I notice some pain. Running to bases I got a sharp pain in my back and since then it has continued to bug! Some times when I walk a lot all day I feel pains in my lower back. I feel my butt shaking a lot and wigging when I walk I feel very self conscious about it and don’t like people behind me. I try to tighten my butt muscles when I walk and it reduces the bouncing a little. However at the end of the day no matter what it seems like my back is in pain. This last year my butt has gotten even bigger my hips wider and I finally got into a B cup rather then my A cup! Whoo Hooo! I need a lot to balance out my shape thought. Could my big butt be causing me back problems? Has anyone ever even heard of that?

Please let me know…

sorry about your back pains. but you have been blessed. good lawd. Dont be self-conscious about it, you should be proud. people have plastic surger for a butt like yours. be proud. and umm pm me if you get the chance
Wink
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Thanks For the Kind Words!!!
Thanks for the kind words, but its easier said then done. My nickname was ducky growing up even from my own family. They thought it was cute cause I was shaped like a duck, small frame, no boobs and a huge butt wiggling behind me! Now at 18 I would like to think my pear shape is a sweet sexy shape and even though I am self conscious about waddling wiggling or jiggling I try to embrace my small waste a curvaceous large butt! I just wish my butt was tight and solid all the way though because I do have a tun of muscle tissue back there. The only thing that is making since in these posts now it that my buttocks muscles and thigh muscles my be to strong compared to the rest of my body like my tummy and stuff I don’t know…

PS I sent you a note

Jess
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2007
Thanks For the Advise!
Hey everyone, thanks for all of your support kind words and paying attention to my post. Does anyone have a list of excersize to strengthen my body/back and also any excersizes to make my ghetto booty not so big? It seems that before I worked it out and it got even bigger.

Thanks so much to everyone!

Jess
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Hang In There!
Wow I had to look at your pic a few times! Yes you do have a large booty but it looks grate, it doesn't look like you overly fat of non athletic. Even though you have a big butt you can see a lot of muscle so you must stay very active. I am Latino also and in my family (not me LOL) on the womens side booties run big too. Sorry that I have nothing to say about your back pain, I don't know a thing on this topic but I wanted to stop by and say hang in there. I could see how you having so much "mass" i guess back there could through you off and cause some pain. They say if your wallet is to big in you pocket and you have a desk job sitting all day it can cause back pain and you should remove it. Something so small hurts? Something like you being big back there can through things off. Listen to these people on here and maybe some work outs for you tummy can make your posture and stuff stronger and more balance. Just an idea, please read my post I would like some input too! It's under depression.

P.S. So what college you going too?

Tejo
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Sorry About the Avitar
I recently got asked to change my avitar. Just for the record I was not anywere nude, sorry if I offended anyone though. I am a little confused as to why I had to take it down. I actually model that swimsuit bottoms for a full figured publication, they were the little boyshort style. Granted I was showing some lower butt cheaks and alot of thighs but It was not showing nudity just some skin. It wasn't even a thong. I think because my butt is so big it draws attention and people didn't like the big butt avitar however it is something you could see on MTV or at your sunny day at the beach. Well it's down, and I put up another pic of me in some tight jeans. Much less skin. If this one is not appropriate I will be very disappointed. I have a big butt and I have now come to terms with it and I am proud of it! I would never have nudity or questionable pics up.

I hope I don't have to take this avitar down cause anyone I put up other then just my face is gonna show a big booty, I cant help that.

Thanks,

Jess
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2007
Thank You,
thanks to Admin for a courtesy reply and apology for yanking my old avatar, we came to the agreement that it was a little to revealing for this forum and that is fine. I just mentioned that every pic will have a big booty in it cause that is me and I can't hide it. Also I would hate to turn around and see someones avatar a fun beach pic with bikini bottom and not get yanked only cause she is thin. All being said this forum is awesome and I am glad to be a part of it. I hope you all accept me warmly!

thank,

Jess
|

replied September 5th, 2009
Hi Jess,

Please contact me as soon as possible. I would love to talk with you.

Warmest wishes,

Jeremy
|
Users who thank sj1717 for this post: ThickGirlJM 

replied June 19th, 2010
Re: Big Booty, Back Pain
Dear Everyday_Struggle,

Since you tighten your buttocks while walking, so you put a lot of pressure on your back, resulting in back pain. Try walking with a relaxed butt and i am sure you will feel the difference. Moreover, for men, there is nothing more good booking than a small waist and a bouncy pair of giggling buttocks. And for girls who taunt big buttoks ...... you are jealous, small butted, unattractive pieces of crap.
|

replied August 4th, 2010
hi jenn.
i read your story i look (several times) your avatar. and i realice that you:

a) even you really have a big butt is NATURAL.
-cause you are an athletic girl
-cause you are dominican /or have dominican blood (from the place where i come big butt is common- heritage dna.)

b) could be a problems with hormones( like Hypertrophy of breast, Gigantomastia or macromastia, a rare connective tissue disorder)

bye carl

ps:

can you post some photo of you? NOT medical porpuse, just look a good looking girl.
|

replied December 9th, 2011
Hey I was just having a discussion about this with my friend and I was insistent that the cause of the back pain is my big butt. I came online to seek medical info about this and came across your story. I'm from the Caribbean also and the women in my family also have the same problem. My aunt lives in NY and her doctor told her that she will always have back problems because of the size of her butt. I know it can be bothersome but please dont any lipo to get rid of what you were blessed with. Evverything in life has its perks and downsides. This is one of d downsides of having a fab booty. But I think doctors should look into this a little more because there is a definite link.
|

replied December 9th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
It can if it causes too much of an arch in your lower back.
Things get pinched.

Try doing the:

"Standing Quad stretch" (Do a Google search)

NOTE:

It works MUCH, MUCH better if you put the top of the foot of the BENT leg on a table or chair instead of holding it with your hand.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2013
It's been a while since I checked in, I have Been working out and doing my own physical therapy for my back pain and although I haven't lost more than 15lbs an my butt isn't an inch smaller, I measured, my body feels. Lot stronger, my tummy is flatter, my core is tighter and I have lenses my back pain about 75% thanks for all the advice!
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi again ThickGirlJM...Thanks for your note...You are doing great...Each of those pounds you have taken off equals four pounds of pressure on your knees...The same thing is true of your back...Even though you think it is going slow, you are doing the job right...If you lost it all at once chances are that you would regain it...

Keep up the good work...Take care...

Caroline..
|

replied June 10th, 2013
Came across this post as I too am blessed with the curse of a big butt small frame andback pain. I admit i iignored the pain because JUST LIKE MOST of the responses here.... many men.. and even some ladies say my shape is perfect... people would love to have my body... it sounds nice... but this pain is not healthy. Sad

Oan... Jess I would love to compare notes on what exercises you have been doing. I actually just started... a month ago... despite the fact that everyone keeps telling me that I'm not going to lose my hips or butt.. Sad Hopefully strengthening will relieve some of the pain... Smile
|

replied June 10th, 2013
Came across this post as I too am blessed with the curse of a big butt small frame andback pain. I admit i iignored the pain because JUST LIKE MOST of the responses here.... many men.. and even some ladies say my shape is perfect... people would love to have my body... it sounds nice... but this pain is not healthy. Sad

Oan... Jess I would love to compare notes on what exercises you have been doing. I actually just started... a month ago... despite the fact that everyone keeps telling me that I'm not going to lose my hips or butt.. Sad Hopefully strengthening will relieve some of the pain... Smile
|
12 >>