Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Excessive Sweating And Nervousness

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Now I'm not sure if these are connected, but just in case I'll post both. On a daily basis I sweat more than most. It's mostly in the underarm area and most of the time it's related to my being nervous in situations. I get very paranoid of everyday situations, things that normal people face every day, and I would like an opinion on what it could be. I was thinking of trying testosterone pills because that might make me more confident, but I'm not sure if it would help the sweating. Also, I drink an unusual amount of liquids constantly (a 20oz drink last only 15 minutes at most around me). Not sure if the liquid intake is related to the sweating at all. Any help or opinions are appreciated, thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I think you should go get tested for diabetes.

Excessive drinking is often associated with diabetes, as it is the body's attempt to get rid of excess sugar that it cannot break down due to defective glands. The sweating may be your body's way of dealing with the fact that you drink "too" much water, so it has to be excreted in some way.

Definitely go get tested. It's manageable and certainly not the end of your life, plus management of diabetes may help reduce your sweating, if indeed that's what you have.

Let us know how it turns out too, so often people come in for advice and never return...
|

replied July 30th, 2007
Thanks
Thanks, it's good to actually hear advice. I'll try to go sometime this week and when I get results I'll let you know, thanks again.

EDIT - By the way, read your profile....I'm a natural redhead too Very Happy
|

replied July 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Thanks
Agentsmith29710 wrote:
Thanks, it's good to actually hear advice. I'll try to go sometime this week and when I get results I'll let you know, thanks again.

EDIT - By the way, read your profile....I'm a natural redhead too Very Happy

It's good to hear you're going to try and see what's up ^^
Red hair is a blessing and a curse lol!
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Try to Be Relaxed !!
You say you get nervous and paranoid,these could be symtoms of underlying fear and stress in the back of your mind which in turn could be leading to diabetic condition. So consult your doctor to analyse the real root cause of nervousness and paranoid condition.You can consult for diabeties but it could not be the real cause.
If you get balanced in your thinking in life this would lower your sugar levels as well as remove nervousness.
I have some good articles in my blog just read through especially about the healthywealthynwise and affirmations section.
healthywealthynwise.blogspot.com This could give you a permanent solution apart from consulting your doctor on medical condition.
Hope this helps,
sanjay
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Me Being Slow
Sorry that my response is taking so long guys, but I put in my two weeks notice at my job and I'm waiting on a call back for UPS that should happen this week. If I get the job I'll most likely wait for the doctor visit because UPS offers full health and dental coverage. Just thought I'd let you guys know since you've been so helpful.
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Me Being Slow
Agentsmith29710 wrote:
Sorry that my response is taking so long guys, but I put in my two weeks notice at my job and I'm waiting on a call back for UPS that should happen this week. If I get the job I'll most likely wait for the doctor visit because UPS offers full health and dental coverage. Just thought I'd let you guys know since you've been so helpful.

Hey, sounds good! Good luck dude!
|

replied February 22nd, 2009
sweating and nervousness
Hello Dear Sir
I feel this way: I am very insecure, I do no feel comfortable in front of people or speaking in public or leading a group in a meeting. When I feel that I am exposed, by any means--something that I said or mentioned, someone asking me to express my thoughts, or speaking about me, or the need to explain something in a meeting, someone inviting me to lunch, going to lunch in a group, or many other situations where I need to be part of a group--there is always something that sparks some kind of a switch and I start sweating, too much sweating from forhead, ears, neck, and my palms but I mean sweating really, really bad, so this becomes very embarrassing, because I can not stop it. Even in AC room or cool weather, my sweats look very bad to my friends and families, I am bald from front. My forehead starts getting very shiny, and then start having drop of sweat from the side of my ears, and then I start feeling drops in the back of my head. I stop thinking straight, about the subject that I was discussing, and I feel that people also gets distracted because they do not understand what triggers that in me. My shirt start to feel uncomfortably wet, I keep sweating and sweating, I feel that everybody in the meeting has noticed, but nobody mentions anything and they try to avoid asking me anything after that because they do not want me to get their meeting distracted. And some body laughs on my situations. This has happened many, many times, then after it happens or the meeting is over I feel terrible. I feel like a total loser, and that nobody is going to have confidence in me anymore.

Then, back at my desk I get these hidden attacks of anxiety and defeat. I feel so tired about this, I have read many, many books about self esteem, motivational, self improvement, and I have seen a psychologist, but nothing works.

When I do not have these attacks I feel great but, I am tired of feeling this way. Is there anything that can be done for me? Where do I look for help?

Can anybody help me? Is there any type of professional that I should see? What kind?
I do not how to express myself with the dramatics that really portrays me but at least you might have an idea and please have some help for me.
Thank you
|

replied May 16th, 2011
Help for excessive sweating and anxiety
Hello, I am reading this site because a colleague and I are developing clothing that can be worn discreetly under outer-clothing (shirts) that will help make this condition less of a problem. However, I wondered if you have tried Hypnotherapy for anxiety and self esteem. I am a hypnotherapist and treat many people for this, it is very effective and can really help. Perhaps worth looking up a good one in your area? Regards, Karen
|

replied January 30th, 2011
I have a friend who sweats excessively. His body is normal buit. Even in cold place he sweats. He said he puts antiperspirant but it never works. Until he tried a program that is so effective as i see the effect on him. Surgery is so expensive but if you have money. why not.Smile
|

replied June 9th, 2011
Yea it could be that you just have HH.
hyperhidrosis

It's a disorder when you just sweat and sweat nonstop for no reason at all.

If you do have this, I advice you to go to the doctor as only he will know how to help you out.

I use to have this too until I learned a great remedy for it Smile

|

replied August 1st, 2011
Hey Robert 20,

What was your great remedy for sweating. I've been suffering from excessive perspiration for the past 5 years, even in everyday situation (in cold weather as well). I need some kind of remedy!

Please share your advice.

Thanks!

Doug
|

replied September 14th, 2014
Hey Doug,

In my experience, there is no better solution than Electro Antiperspirant. You should give it a try, I am sure it will help you as well Wink
|
Quick Reply