Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Poisoning and Environmental Health Forum

Chronic Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
I was subjected to CO poisoning for 4 months in my workplace office. I work alone,during the day, in an old theatre so no one else was getting the poison. I did not know what was wrong but I had all the syptoms, unbearable headaches, nauseau, intestinal problems. weight loss, dizziness, thinking problems, tremors, lower part of my face looked like I had had a stroke, my eyesight worsened and I stumbled & staggered all the time. Even my GP didn't figure it out. He treated me for sinus problems. I am not a complainer, so I thought I could tough it out!One week I didn't go to work & someone came in to practice on the stage. The power co. came & found the leak. I called Nat'l Poison Control Hotline to ask when I would start to feel better. They not only instructed me to go directly to a hospital, but they kept in contact with the drs. during my stay. I rec'd 3 hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments.My pronosis is bascially my brain will aged faster. Dementia, thinking & motor skills will leave me & I could develop Parkinson's.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 18th, 2008
RE: Chronic Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
My mom was exposed to CO for several months and experienced symptoms very similar to you. I would like to hear more about your experiences and treatment. Please pm me. Thank you so much.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 26th, 2009
CO Very Serious Stuff
After my CO poisoning, I am trying to educate because I've discovered a lack of knowledge in professionals, doctors, and governmental agencies. It is no wonder that CO is America's #1 unintentional poisoning.


These first 2 articles also have great links to more info and CO news.

Chronic CO Poisoning: Comedy of Errors
http://durangoguardian.com/News/CNCOPoison ing2-012609.htm

Chronic CO Poisoning: What Is It?
http://durangoguardian.com/News/CNCOPoison ing1-012409.htm

This site has charts from a CO study that make it all very visual:
http://www.homesafe.com/cosupport/
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 21st, 2010
hyperbaric therapy, it's the solution
I was poisoned 4 years ago and since then, my life has been hell. I couldn\'t remember a simple thing. It was impossible to imagine a life like that. Hopefully, my mum was there to support me. I have created a website where I explain how I recovered.
Don\'t hesitate to ask me your questions.
I wish you all to recover!

Get hyperbaric therapy, even years after poisoning, it\'s the solution!!

Greg
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 26th, 2012
I had carbon monoxide poisoning three years ago. The leak was found after probably 6 years of living in the home, and I'm pretty sure it was going on underneath everything else from the time we moved in. The lady who lived there before was named Mabel Collier, and she died of a severe onset of pnuemonia just a year before we bought the house.

The first year, was hellish mostly because it was so confusing. My marraige fell apart, my life seemed to be shattering piece by piece. I could't concentrate at work, I lost three family members- and my husband was suicidal for almost six months before he insisted on a divorce. We tried so hard to work things out that we almost killed each other.

Three years later.. I'm divorced, and in a happier relationship with another survivor who overcame it. Having found little relief or help from local doctors, it took me two years to find Accupuncturist Jen Stone who knew right off the bat that the symptoms I was experiencing were directly related to CO poisoning. After the first six months of being sick, I knew for sure I was experiencing something that very few others could understand or relate to.

So, I started doing extensive research on the computer and using my phone to do research online even when I was bed ridden- I just couldn't stop looking for an answer.

So, three years later- I've found that it's a systemic immune system problem and that it's cellular. The healthier your mitochondria are, the better off you are in general. I started on a cycle of hormonal blend herbs from Solaray, Acai Berry Juice daily, and a high dosage of Adora's Calcium Magnesium D3 chocolate tablets- as well as dramatically changing my diet to be almost completely gluten free, MSG free, low salt, high protein, very few raw vegetables, etc etc etc.

Last winter the sauna really really really helped, and I can't express how much just walking everyday, and using a sauna or a jacuzzi can help bend the healing process to your will.

It's not undefeatable. I worry about all the same things everyday- especially regarding the brain damage. Starting this month, I'm doing an oxygen therapy treatment which uses an oxygen concentrator for 2 or more hours per day in your own home- and you don't need a prescription if you're buying used through another user.

Amazingly? In all that crap- I learned something really important. Take care of yourself, because nobody else will- and forgive others who don't understand it's not their experience. Lean on the people that won't judge you, and give back whenever you can. It does come back to bless you if you let it.

I wish you all hope, healing, and happiness.. we all have our own journeys to learn from. Check out my new facebook group and I'd love to chat with more survivors as I meet them.. it brings us all hope to know we're not the only people who have suffered and struggled with the obstacles of CO poisoning.

Megan
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 26th, 2012
I had carbon monoxide poisoning three years ago. The leak was found after probably 6 years of living in the home, and I'm pretty sure it was going on underneath everything else from the time we moved in. The lady who lived there before was named Mabel Collier, and she died of a severe onset of pnuemonia just a year before we bought the house.

The first year, was hellish mostly because it was so confusing. My marraige fell apart, my life seemed to be shattering piece by piece. I could't concentrate at work, I lost three family members- and my husband was suicidal for almost six months before he insisted on a divorce. We tried so hard to work things out that we almost killed each other.

Three years later.. I'm divorced, and in a happier relationship with another survivor who overcame it. Having found little relief or help from local doctors, it took me two years to find Accupuncturist Jen Stone who knew right off the bat that the symptoms I was experiencing were directly related to CO poisoning. After the first six months of being sick, I knew for sure I was experiencing something that very few others could understand or relate to.

So, I started doing extensive research on the computer and using my phone to do research online even when I was bed ridden- I just couldn't stop looking for an answer.

So, three years later- I've found that it's a systemic immune system problem and that it's cellular. The healthier your mitochondria are, the better off you are in general. I started on a cycle of hormonal blend herbs from Solaray, Acai Berry Juice daily, and a high dosage of Adora's Calcium Magnesium D3 chocolate tablets- as well as dramatically changing my diet to be almost completely gluten free, MSG free, low salt, high protein, very few raw vegetables, etc etc etc.

Last winter the sauna really really really helped, and I can't express how much just walking everyday, and using a sauna or a jacuzzi can help bend the healing process to your will.

It's not undefeatable. I worry about all the same things everyday- especially regarding the brain damage. Starting this month, I'm doing an oxygen therapy treatment which uses an oxygen concentrator for 2 or more hours per day in your own home- and you don't need a prescription if you're buying used through another user.

Amazingly? In all that crap- I learned something really important. Take care of yourself, because nobody else will- and forgive others who don't understand it's not their experience. Lean on the people that won't judge you, and give back whenever you can. It does come back to bless you if you let it.

I wish you all hope, healing, and happiness.. we all have our own journeys to learn from. Check out my new facebook group and I'd love to chat with more survivors as I meet them.. it brings us all hope to know we're not the only people who have suffered and struggled with the obstacles of CO poisoning.

Megan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.