Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Chat Forum

Pap Smear Stories!!

Must Read
The loss of bladder control affects about 17 million people in the U.S. But what is incontinence? How does female incontinence occur? ...
Incontinence can be caused by mechanical, anatomic or medical issues. But what are these? And who is at risk of developing bladder problems?...
Urinary incontinence symptoms range from mild to severe. Learn to identify signs of bladder control problems and know when to seek help here....
Wooh, so I just went in for my annual.

This was seriously the fastest pap smear I have ever gotten!! I felt like I was in an Indy pit-stop! The doc was male, and nice and very gentle and all of that, it was just so fast lmao XD. He shoved his fingers in there for the post-speculum exam faster than even I can get my fingers in there, and you know they use three!! Just slopped on some lube and went for it, I was like whoah! XD it made me chuckle inside.

So now I have a prescription for Depo, we'll see how I do on it. I have never had any reactions to the pill so I feel my chances of doing well on the shot are high. I'm lightweight and had long cycles off pills so my guess is I'll also get the benefit of having no period! I was going for Implanon but they just don't have it yet, too new. Oh well! Smile I haven't picked up my prescription yet, I probably will do it closer to when I go back to school.

I hadn't gotten my period after getting off the pills yet so I've been absolutely terrified for the past month. But, the test was negative (and I would have been 8 weeks so it definitely would've show) so I'm on cloud nine lol.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Supporter
good for you what are you going to school for Question
|

replied July 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Graphic design. Lol, I realize in my hurry that I forgot to mention that the test was a pregnancy test lmao. I figure with the reference to 8 weeks along, people will get it.
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your body is still probably wacked out from coming off the pill. How long had you been on it?
|

replied July 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
monkeygirl22 wrote:
Your body is still probably wacked out from coming off the pill. How long had you been on it?

Two years, heh. My old cycle was 40 days long, and the period I got in the last week of placebos before I quit was light due to stress so that didn't help my panic and paranoia XD The doc said I might not even get one this month. So, I'm not worried anymore. GOD it feels so good Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2007
Experienced User
Eiri wrote:
Graphic design. Lol, I realize in my hurry that I forgot to mention that the test was a pregnancy test ha ha ha. I figure with the reference to 8 weeks along, people will get it.

Totally off topic but, yay Graphic Design!!! I'm going for it too
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
Experienced User
I'v just come off the pill too, from 4 years.. Shocked I can actually "Feel" my body again, and I have alot more desire for sex too, I did before but not as much as I do know, WooHoo..LOL Laughing Look out hubby.. Razz Razz
|

replied July 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Lol. I'm lucky that I feel no different on hormones than I do off of them. I actually get all the benefits and none of the side effects.
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
Experienced User
Lucky you Razz .The pill always made me feel a tad flat some days.. Rolling Eyes
We have to be careful now. Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I was on the pill for 15 years. i am so glad to be free of hormones. (Excepet my periods are really heavy) I went to the annual exam last week too, and she taught me "Mayan Uterine Massage". So I got my period on Saturday and i was so crampy that i thought my uterus might have fallen on the floor. i looked around, and it wasn't there, so i figured it must've been cramps. I did the massage for 2 days, and BOOM no more cramps! Let's hope this continues!
|

replied July 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Oh god I know what you mean about the cramps lol. Mine feel like my "kitty" is attempting to claw its way out of my uterus and down into my vagina XD
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Frighteningly enough, I believe we are on the same cycle....
|

replied July 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
sillyakchick wrote:
Frighteningly enough, I believe we are on the same cycle....

I'm still spotting from mine, started Friday... Though I've just gotten off the pill and I'm starting Depo soon XD Man, my off-pill cramps are so bad!
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I just started Saturday, but I flow like the Nile. I should (hopefully) be done just in time to go to the beach! We leave Wednesday.
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
to Eiri
Just to warn you about the shot. I know the post is kinda old but hopefully you'll see it.

I was on the shot for 4 years and only a few times I had a period. it was so nice, I loved it. But I had my last shot last November.

Well I bled for 30 days in January, and I had three 3day periods in Feb and 2 periods in March. Then I didnt bleed at all and finally in June I have a regular 5 day cycle.

But due to the shot I am now blessed with cramps. I never had cramps before the shot , ever!! I was very lucky.

But these cramps are so bad I take Vicoden for them. So be careful. My experience was horrible. I have friends and my mom where nothin bad happens.

So good luck
|

replied August 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Oh, I have bad cramps off birth control, long before I ever got on any. So that doesn't worry me at all XD I'm used to that pain.
|