Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Painful Lump On Roof of Mouth

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
it has similar symptoms of a canker sore, but i don't think it's white in the middle or red around it, like they say canker sores look. it's a hard bump on the left side of the roof of my mouth, more towards the back... and painful to touch, and i feel pain when i swallow. the pain just started today, and i don't know whether or not it was there before it was painful. i woke up today with a sore throat, and thought that might just be it, but then i realized it was this bump, or whatever it is. i'm hoping it's not some type of oral cancer, and that it is just a canker sore or something. i'm hoping the pain will go away, or at least subside, so then maybe i won't be so nervous.

if anyone has any ideas as to what this may be, please let me know.

im scared.

Embarassed Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm not really sure since I can't see it but if it doesn't go away in a few days I would contact my doctor.
|

replied December 16th, 2009
I have the exact bump, left side, painful to the touch, reading your description
was weirdly alike to my symptoms, woke
up with a sore throat noticed
the bump, does your sore throat come
and go throughout the day?
|
Users who thank Blakehadley for this post: finneypirate 

replied January 17th, 2010
Kittiedoll / Blakehadley

I have the exact same thing, also really scared. What did yours turn out to be? Thanks.
|

replied March 31st, 2010
lump on roof of the mouth and sore throat on and off
Hi i have the same as u guys? sore throat that came and went every week lump on the roof of my mouth, and also my salivary gland under my tounge is enlarged quite alot, i am scared of mouth cancer i do smoke, did anyone find out what it is? my gp wont listen to me
|

replied April 29th, 2010
roof of mouth painful bump + sore throat that comes and goes
Same exact situation...hard painful bump and a sore throat that goes away and comes back. Are you guys from New York? Maybe its a virus going around here...
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
Hi i have the same thing however i dont smoke at all, but i have had a sore throat however this seems to have mostly gone now, but have this sore lump on roof of mouth. Any ideas?
|

replied May 4th, 2010
sjosephnyc here: Just got this diagnosed--mononucleosis. Many people get strep throat with this too, which is why you feel whatever these bumps are when you swallow.

Sorry all. Go to the doctor.
|