Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have pain during sex, to the point it's not even worth having intercourse. I went to the doctor and she couldn't even insert the speculum without putting me in pain. The pain is at the lower end of my vagina and I don't believe it's further up. Two years ago I went on Ortho-Tricyclen and a year later I switched to Yaz. Sex didn't hurt before I started the pills. Could I be allergic to birth control pills? The doctor started with some bloodwork and I guess she's going to go from there. Has anyone heard of this or experienced it? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i would ask a octor if you may be allergic but if you havent had pain before the pills and now you do then you might want to consult your OB or regular doctor :]
good luck!!!
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'd guess that it's not from the pills, an allergy would show up differently.

Definitely get checked out.
|