Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Advil/tylenol And Birth Control!?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
oki i know that i shouldn't mix pain killers with birth control pills for sure. i recently got my tongue pieced and they said that taking in tylenol which i did would stop the pain so i did. i only took it 5 hours before i took my pill. is that ok?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Common pain killers are perfectly safe to use.
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
The only thing is that birth control pills may reduce the effectiveness of tylenol. You can take any painkillers you want, but tylenol may be less effective. It won't affect your protection against pregnancy in any way.
|

replied July 28th, 2007
Keep in mind antibiotics are however a threat to the effectiveness of b.c
Also I've had someone tell me that they got pregnant, while on birth control, used it 100% effectively and got pregnant, the only thing she figured out could have happend is she was treating a bad cold with lots of meds and stuff and that must have been bad.
Most doctors warn against frequent use, not common.
:]
|