Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

38 Weeks Pregnant

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
So today i am 38 weeks pregnant! I am so cranky and irritable today. It is so frustrating that i can't sleep. Now i understand when you have a baby you wake up a lot, but your baby is your reason for waking up usually. I can sleep all day if i want to and my eyes burn, but i can't sleep! I hate laying on my left side i can't take it anymore lol. If i sleep on my right my left leg and right hand goes numb. I've tried chamomille tea, hot milk, bath, pregnancy massage and nothing. Anyone going through the same thing or have any tips. I will be the happiest person, if this baby comes in a couple of days lol...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper chantigeek
|

replied July 25th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
yeah, i'm going through the same thing. can't sleep. really uncomfortable. sore everywhere. swollen to the point that it hurts. feel like my bladder is going to explode and my belly is going to fall right off. just complain if you need to, lol. i find it helps a little bit to complain. nothing else seems to Wink Laughing sorry you're feeling bad, wish i could help!!
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am 39 weeks tomorrow and got pretty much the same aches and pains!! I have been finding it really hard to get comfortable in bed the last few nights too. I was doing fine but for some reason it feels as if my baby has moved and is lying right in my side! Grr! and as for the constant trips to the bathroom and jumping out of bed with cramp!! Evil or Very Mad
I think getting cranky is all part of it! mixture of hormones and lack of sleep! Its like me yesterday, I was so grumpy and depressed I would have done anything to make this baby arrive but today I am feeling much calmer! Poor Chris is wondering whats going on!!
Sorry I cant give much advice with helping get some sleep but I am here if you need to moan! I think all three of us are going through pretty much the same thing!!
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2007
Experienced User
lol i am only 30 1/2 weeks and i am going through the same thing! i hate it... i just do things that i know will wake up my boyfriend so that way i wont be up alone and he can be up with me and then a lil after talking to him i can usually fall asleep Laughing
|

replied April 28th, 2008
38 weeks pregnant
I am 38 weeks pregnant I absolutely hate the way I feel . I have always had my 1st two children early like 5 weeks early and both were 6 lbs 10 oz. I have to say I am gonna be having a big one this time, in fact I am scared because I had an episiotomy with rudy my 1st child and nevaeh my 20 month old came out but ripped me and she was only 6 lbs. this pregnancy I am gestational diabetic and carrying this one full term . I guess they were right every pregnancy is different but I wish it didn't hurt so bad. On top of all the health situations I have I have developed a yeast infection, so now I can say I'm itchy crampy , grumpy and top heavy. I can't sleep so i'm also sleepy dopey and drowsy. I'm just altogether irritated and even though i have not acted upon it I wish I could perform my own artificial rupture of membrane and get 'er done. I am 23 with 3 kids and the buck stops here i'm gonna tie my tubes and or mirena . Then I plan to adopt and get me another girl past the diaper stages once my husband and I are more fiancially stable.
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2008
Supporter
I felt like that when I was pregnant.

These things offered relief:
I didn't take any naps during the day to try and get a full night's sleep.
I drank this stuff called "sleepytime tea," I think it's made by Celestial something
A lot of the times I had to sleep in our reclining chair because I could NOT get comfortable for anything.
Sex also helps. Smile
|

replied April 29th, 2008
38 weeks pregnant on Friday
I will be 38 weeks this friday and for the past couple of weeks I have had a hard time sleeping at night. I do fine if I fall asleep on the couch, but I get the sweats at night. My hips start to hurt so I have to keep switching sides and my poor husband deals with the tossing and turning that I do all night. Poor thing, I wish it didn't wake him! Not to mention what seems like every hour waking up and having to go to the bathroom! lol! I sure hope that our little man gets here pretty soon, I might go crazy waiting on his due date.
Sarah
|

replied February 27th, 2009
38 weeks pregnant
I too am 38 weeks pregnant. As of Tues. I was dialated 2 cm. and 70 % effaced. The baby's head is still too far up. She needs to drop more. I have been having light contractions for 2 weeks now. They are regular at times 2-3 min. apart. They are just not strong enough yet.
I have been having extreme back pain on the left side of my back, and my left rib cage. I have had this now for about 2 months. I have trouble sleeping, and I have a hard time sitting, and driving.
My midwife told me it is safe to take tylenol pm. It allows me to sleep for about 4-5 hours pain free.
My midwife also said they would consider inducing me at 39 weeks, if I do not go on my own before then. I had my first baby at 35 weeks. I have been ready to go with this one since then!
I have been trying everything natural to try to induce myself safely. I have been walking, having sex, and I have tried nipple stimulation. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? I guess she will just come when she's ready. I just don't know if I can take the pain much more! How much longer will I be pregnant?
|

replied May 25th, 2009
38 weeks Pregnant
I'm 38 weeks today! I can't stop eating. everything i eat seems to disappear. I'm tired and I can't wait for this baby to come out. Does anyone know how to bring on labour faster?
|

replied July 1st, 2011
Encouraging a sistah!
here's the words to an old song:

Hold on just a little while longer, Jesus will make you stronger, stop complaining, he'll deliver your soul, he'll lift you up and make you whole, so don't give up help is on the way......

I am also 38 weeks pregnant, I know it is hard work being pregnant, congratulations! you have two more weeks until your miracle is born!
|

replied October 19th, 2009
38 weeks pregnant, pains and discomforts
I'm 38 weeks today and I've had sore back and hips during my whole pregnancy. Due to elastin our bones move out of place easily so I would recommend to see a chiropractor, I have everytime a bone hurt and now I feel great. I also had pubis distinction and was hard to sleep or walk and now that's fixed too. Chiropractor and warm long showers before bed girls. Just think it will soon be over...enjoy your last days of freedom!!! Good luck, Debs
|

replied March 15th, 2010
i can soooo relate to what u ladies r all sayin! ive bin up since 4.30am again n im eatin like a horse!im 38wks and had a show over the weekend so was reali hopin he wud cum by nw but im stil waitin... n waitin ive bin off wrk ill for 4 months n im so fed up n bord nw
|

replied May 19th, 2010
39 weeks

I have been up every single night for the past week. I stopped working this week and now It seems like my body knows I do not need as much rest.

I can fall asleep from 11-3 then I am up the rest of the night. I have night sweats, my mind wanders, contractions....Not to mention I have had a stuffy runny nose for the last few days.....

Backaches from trying to only sleep on my left side for the last 34 weeks since I found out I was prego....

I guess this is how our bodies get prepared for when the baby arrives....
|

replied May 23rd, 2010
38 weeks pregnant
I'm also 38 weeks pregnant and I feel exacly the same, is my first pregnacyso I didn't expect all the symptoms but one weird things is that for the last 3 or 4 days my belly feels looser, I can tell that the baby has dropped but I also can feel my stomach getting looser like I already had the baby.. Especially near my bikini line. Has anyone had the same experience?
|

replied May 24th, 2010
Hi i am also 38 weeks pregnant... and i feel exactly the same way. Totally fatigued and over it. I have severe aches from carpal tunnels in both hands and it is worse at night! I have a slight tightening around my bump occasionally is this Braxtons? im not too sure? try not too drink too much liquids before bed, this helps a little as opposed to sculling back before bed haha and lately for me the urge to go comes in routined time slots, before i was going 7+ times a night randomly!!!... somethin annoying like that!!.. hang in there everyone! and good luck!
|