Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Hysterectomy With No Health Insurace

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
I am 43 years old and have never had children however I do not plan to have any. I was just told by my gynocologist that I need a hysterectomy. I have fibroids and Endometriosis and suffer from moderate to severe pain daily. My doctor has offered to reduce her fee for the surgery but the hospital is telling me that their costs will run approximately $15,000. There is no way that I can pay that much money. Is anyone aware of any alternatives that I'm not aware of? I'm truly ready to be pain free and live a normal and enjoyable life again. Please help! Any informaton will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I wish I could help and give you a comforting answer. Unless you are on a state health plan like Medicaid, the hospital want's at least one half up front now.
|

replied March 26th, 2009
If you're procedure has not taken place yet, there are Discount Medical Plans that may be able to assist depending on which state you're in. You will still have to pay something, but you will have an advocate who negotiate your hospital fee for you and can set up payment options for you more reasonable. Steps are simple to start, as you will only need to register in order to receive benefits. Plans are very affordable with no exclusions, regardless of pre-existing conditions.

Also these type of plans cover a variety of benefits included. I know this reply is late, but there are other options out there.
|

replied April 16th, 2009
tlc on no insurance
I just had a partial hysterectomy and also have no insurance. I set up a payment plan with hospital for 200.00 a month. They originally wanted 500.00 and I could not pay this. I have medical bills coming in from all directions. Unfortunately, we fall in the category of middle class(working poor) and can't get any help from medicaid and can't afford insurance as we run our own business. Just pay what you can and worry about yourself first. Just make a payment, that is all you can do.
|

replied July 24th, 2010
Alternative to Hysterectomy
Hi M,
I am sorry you have suffered with these conditions for so long and this is your last resort. It is sad that you have not find any other option but in a way it is good that you can't afford to pay for it. There is a different alternative to healing, other than western, traditional medicine. There are many other cultures that heal themselves from disease without these expensive and often counteractive methods. Try Traditional Chinese Medicine and really delve into your own bodies condition and understand why you have the condition. Not just a label of what it is but what organs are responsible and how to fix it. I have had Endometriosis for 15years and have found natural ways to deal with the condition. Perhaps you should look at these options instead of the drastic measure of a hysterectomy. It is still not likely to cure endometriosis anyways.
|

replied February 22nd, 2011
suffering from endometriosis without insurance
having endometriosis feels like a curse. i too fall into the category in which you cant afford insurance and cant get medicaid. the pain is excruciating. i have had this since 06. been to the ER approx 30 times. i have attacks of unbearable pain and uncontrollable nausea. i let them do all the tests and nothing comes up. ive had about 35 CAT's done. i know the risk im just hopin theyll see SOMETHING and open me up and do some sort of surgery. now i am diagnosed with squamous cell cervical dysplasia as well which has a 30-50% chance of turnin into cancer without treatment. i cant keep spinning my wheels im gonna lose it. lately i have resorted to actually taking the pain meds they give me from the ER bc i cant get over the pain in the morning to begin my day. and now without insurance, i have resorted to buying my own medication on the streets. for what?? im 26 i dont deserve this!!! people who post about addiction to pain meds dont have a clue!! i am $200,000 in debt to my hospital! every er visit costs at least $4,000. someone addictd to pain meds has the common sense to know buyin them illegally is way easier and costs A LOT less. its just the daily stuff i cannot deal with. when you have severe endo, your whole stomach area feels like u had food poisoning the week prior and your stomach is just screaming, cramping, hot, miserable.. think about the worst throbbing migraine youve ever had and move it to your stomach. everything makes it worse. sex, any pressure on the abdomen, bowel movements, urination, change in temp, even laying on my side, standing up, goin in an elevator, hitting a bump while driving i just want to scream! why is it so hard to find treatment? i am supposed to have a future damnit not worry about if im going to make it out of bed tomorrow without wantin to shoot myself! and there is no help... why?
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
pain
I understand ur pain my sister I was diagnosed in 2009, and in the ending of 2011 I was told a have a low grade of precancer cells, an orange size tumor and multiple fibroids. I have no insurance no money no help. I have a wonderful 14 year old son an awesome husband,a loving mom who has already burried one daugther to liver cancer; I stongly believe that if I wouldnt have the LORD JESUS in my life and these 3 beautiful humans who have loved me unconditionally I would probably would have shot myself already to.Just remember this is all a test, the bible says that those who are last will one day be first. ur not alone......
|

replied February 22nd, 2011
forgot to mention i did have laproscopic sx done 1/09 and they told me in 3/09 i already needed another sx. by then medicaid had dropped me cuz i was able to go back to work after the surgery
|

replied March 3rd, 2011
I need to have a hysterectomy. The cost is 18.000 with 20% off. I don't understand why they want except less. The insurance will only pay them about 6000 - 8000 & they will except that . Its not right that I can't pay them the 6000-8000 . What's going ON HERE?
|

replied November 8th, 2011
I suffer from a very advanced/severe case of edenomyosis and have been told the only cure is a hysterectomy. I am ready to have a "normal" life again & not have to cary extra sets of clothes in my car anymore! Luckily we were able to get Medi-Cal (califonia) and the Dr. I saw is ready to do it...on the down side...we are a biting nails to see if it will get "approved". We still may have to pay a "share of cost"..if you are in Cali...look into share of cost plans...you can still get coverage & have neccessary work done!!
|

replied March 6th, 2013
anyone with ideas on grants or anything to get a hysterectomy fo
I also need a hysterectomy due to endometriosis. I was diagnose in 2000 when I was 18, had a laproscopy done at 19, and they told me it was all over my organs, the blaader is the only one they lassered it off of. I now have. Bad stomach aches daily, along with frequent diareaha. Now I think it is covered my colon & causeing severe pain at times where I think I might die in pain. I don't feel human anymore. I'm told I need a hysterectomy, but cant get Medicaid, live week to week andcant afford insurance of big medical bills. What are we to do? I want to feel like a person again, be able to do more with my kids etc...anyone with answers for me from Kansas?
|

replied July 6th, 2013
Have any of you tried this?
I don't know how many of you ladies have tried bio-identical progesterone creams? But I have suffered with adenomyosis my entire life and didn't know I had it until about 7 years ago. The doctors would do nothing for me when I started this whole process with them 7 years ago when I became perimenopausal and became so sick I could barely function. I now know I have a condition called estrogen dominance, and it causes things like endometriosis, adenomyosis, fibroids, fibrocystic breasts etc. But the doctors will NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT IT. I had to find out all of this by doing my own research from doctors in other states who do acknowledge estrogen dominance where my doctors here (I have been to 5 docs) all say they have never heard of it. IT'S APPALLING!
Anyway, natural (bio-identical) progesterone cream is the only thing that makes my life bearable. I literally can't function some days without it. A really good brand is Serenity - it's about 3 times more potent than Progest, which I was using for years but now it is no longer strong enough. You can order it online for about $37. Progest can be found at most health food stores, but for me, it would work at first than after a while it seemed to quit working.
It's imperative that you cut back the chemical estrogens in your food and exposure as much as humanly possible. It will ease you symptoms. I quit eating foods out of plastic containers about 7 years ago and within about 6 months to a year, noticed a remarkable improvement. It's difficult to do, you have to avoid breads in plastic wrappers, all foods in plastics (because of the xenoestrogens that off-gas from the plastics.) But it is worth it because it will help more than anything else. I wish I had known all of this 7 years ago, but the doctors wouldn't help me even when I brought it up to them. Sadly, you are on your own for a cure, or keep hunting for a doctor that knows about estrogen dominance and is willing to work with you and your hormone imbalance. These doctors do exist, but you have to search for them. Good luck to all. Hope this gets you headed in the right direction. Do what I did. Go online, look up reputable sources, learn as much as you can about your condition so you can help yourself. Because nobody else will.
|